Thread: Pit boss

Pit boss

I know there was a thread in the lounge earlier in the year about the havoc/powerbait pit boss, but I'm going to ask again. Is the regular, non scented pit boss gone for good?
    They're gone off TW and it seems like bass pro and other big outlets don't have them either.
    If the unscented version is really and truly gone I'm about to spend alot of money buying up inventory from whoever has them left in stock. I won't touch powerbait with a 10' pole and haven't found a craw I like as much as the pit boss.

2. Member
    Havoc,the unscented, is being discontinued. If you have any Dicks Sporting Goods near you might check there.

3. Member
    Just curious why you don't like Powerbait? The main reason i've never purchased any Havoc baits is because they weren't Powerbait!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    Just curious why you don't like Powerbait? The main reason i've never purchased any Havoc baits is because they weren't Powerbait!
    I've tried several powerbait offerings and have yet to catch a fish on them and I absolutely hate having my storage smell like someone took a dump in it.
    If i want a scented bait, I'll put scent on it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    I've tried several powerbait offerings and have yet to catch a fish on them and I absolutely hate having my storage smell like someone took a dump in it.
    If i want a scented bait, I'll put scent on it.
    They are more than just a "scented bait." They're baits with fish food essentially in the plastic itself. In fact, the more a Powerbait gets bit and torn up, the better it gets - more surface area of the attractant is exposed. Do they smell good to humans? - no. Do they smell good to fish? - yes.

To answer the original question, the entire Havoc line has been discontinued with the most popular shapes being made in Powerbait (pit boss, bottom hopper, grass pig, etc).

The Havoc Pit Boss is a great bait, the Powerbait version is even better.

6. Member
    my local Walmart still carries the unscented version. I personally like the powerbait version more, I still have around 10-15 unscented versions.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

I have done well on the unscented verion. They made a PBJ version (that wasn't the name of the color, but similar to PBJ) and a snapped up a 1/2 dozen bags on Ebay. I look for color before scent, if the Powerbait version came in that color, I'd get some.

Havoc was cheeper so I buy them. I prefer power bait though
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Man, that's got to be the first time I ever heard someone say they don't like Power Bait.

I'm in the same boat as Sam, I just bought the Havoc ones because they were cheaper (and that's all that was on store shelves for a while...the PowerBait version was a Bass Pro exclusive), but prefer PowerBait.

If you start having problems finding them, I have several packs laying around that I'd sell you for cheap. Most of them are packs that have been doubled up (or even more), and some in the packs have a little paint on the tips of the claws. I have green pumpkin (a few have orange tips on the claws) and black and blue (a few have chartreuse tips on the claws). I probably have 5 or 6 packs worth of GP and 2 bags of B&B.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

10. Member
    Check wally world----they usually have bags in their "bargain Bin" section. i know all the stores around here still have bunch of them . Also Academy still has some too.
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

11. Member
    I haven't noticed any difference between the powerbait version and the old version. Just rig with a 5/16 oz and 4/0 strait shank and go to work.

12. Member
    So what is the differences with these and the Sweet Beaver baits

13. Member
    The Pit boss is hands down the best flipping bait I have ever used, however I do not seem to have the luck with the new powerbait ones compared to the old ones. I might be imagining things but it looks to me that the arms dont flap as much on the fall with the powerbait ones, as the originals. I have boxes of the originals still...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedboat View Post
    So what is the differences with these and the Sweet Beaver baits
    To me I have four appendages for the perch to rip off vs 2, and the outsides really flap easy, and the inside when jigged makes a nice wave motion?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

15. Member
    No wonder why I couldnt find those at the stores...

16. Banned
    On Sale @TackleWhorehouse™

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Berk...page-BHSP.html

1 Left... Final! Final! 1 for the ditch...