Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    So when you buy a brand new car or truck you don't care how the paint and finish looks as long as it takes you from point a to point b? I paid $260 for this rod I expect the fit and finish to look somewhat decent and not like this. Even the cheapest rods from Walmart has a better fit and finish. I don't know how this rod got best of show at Icast looking like this, who ever voted this rod should not be voting at Icast ever again
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbassman View Post
    Probably get less bites cuz the fish will notice it to. As long as the rod performs fine you gives a shit
    Last edited by kercha83; 10-05-2019 at 11:33 AM.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

2. Member
    Sir have you contacted St. Croix ?
    In Fisherman Midwest Finesse
    American Legacy Fishing Company
    Costa
    Jackson Kayak
    Nikko
    Pro Cure
    Rapala
    Simms

3. Member
    just contact st croix they will do you right

4. Member
    I sent it back to tacklewarehouse
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisM View Post
    Sir have you contacted St. Croix ?
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lund1625 View Post
    What your looking at is craftsmanship, all our rods are hand made.
    The finish used on thread wraps for all St Croix rods is clear. Depending on series and blank color, you will certainly be able to see the thread wraps. On the Legend Glass the wraps are more visible.

You really have to be kidding with this? Surely you can't believe that is craftsmanship? If anything it is a lack of craftsmanship that IMO shows absolutely zero pride in workmanship. It looks like a product of either laziness and an uncaring employee, or of the get it out the door as quickly as possible, and if it comes back on us, we'll deal with it then. Either way, those pictures do not show craftsmanship.

Your use of the words "all our rods are hand made" leads me to believe that you are a representative of the company? If so, I can understand the embarrassment that the majority of the comments are causing you. It's only human nature that you try and defend a company you believe in, but sometimes you just have to call it like it is. The fact that your rods are hand made has nothing to do with it. All rods are hand made, regardless of country of origin.

Yes you use clear finish on your thread wraps. So does the majority of other rod manufacturers. Yes certain thread and blank colors make details in thread wraps more visible, but that has nothing do with what is going on with some of those wraps. What I find just as troubling as your attempted explanation for the workmanship on this particular rod, are the comments that the fish don't know it looks like crap. Well no kidding? But those Americans that buy St Croix rods because they are made in America, care. Every American should care. It has our name on it.

6. Member
    If I were you I would sell it for really cheap. And just by chance I'm looking for one of those crappy st. croix legend glass rods . :)

7. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeRoadBassn View Post
    At least there’s not gaps in the thread wraps like 95% of NRXs and Conquest rods at over double the price...
    Truth. NRXs and Conquests are the worst I've ever seen for fit and finish quality.

8. Member
    if you want that crappy St. Croix Glass Rod then it's at tacklewarehouse. I'm pretty sure they will ship that rod out to the next guy who orders it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    If I were you I would sell it for really cheap. And just by chance I'm looking for one of those crappy st. croix legend glass rods . :)
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL

Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    if you want that crappy St. Croix Glass Rod then it's at tacklewarehouse. I'm pretty sure they will ship that rod out to the next guy who orders it.
    BPS does the same thing. They'll put the returns right back on the shelf hoping the next guy don't catch it.

TW puts returns into this clearance section. Not back in stock.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/liquidation.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    TW puts returns into this clearance section. Not back in stock.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/liquidation.html

Good to know , Mark. thanks

Those wraps are perfect! Your just seeing the dark blue tag ends under the orange thread. Typically as a rod builder you wouldn’t use that color combination because of bleed through! Blue would have been the main color with orange as the accent. This way you wouldn’t see the tags.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

13. Member
    Those wraps are perfect? Did you even look at the pictures? Those wraps are horrible. The edges are uneven, the one isn't packed very well at all, and the blue tag ends appear to be above the orange thread, not under it. Yes I know some thread colors allow the color of accent wraps tag ends to show through, (I build my own rods) but that is not the case with those wraps. It's truly sad that anyone would find that kind of work acceptable.

It may just be "the way it is", but that doesn't make it right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12