Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Still around 75 today. Morning started pretty good but it fell off quick. Picked up late evening or we got on some, tournament hours? We had 30 for 22lbs
    We don't do MLF on Green so this means your best 5 was 4lbs

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    We don't do MLF on Green so this means your best 5 was 4lbs
    The sad thing? We don’t do mlf either. We done alright to be blind for a couple months. I got a 3.2 Ky that bout took rod out of hand. Best 5 probably 11-12 but caught several cookie cutters.

On Tuesday 10/8 I text you a picture of a good smallmouth and the bait was still in his mouth...did you try that bait any? I was only on the water about 5-6 hours Tuesday 10/8 and struggled with numbers. About the only bait I could get a keeper bite on was what was in the text.

4. Banned
    On Tuesday 10/8 I text you a picture of a good smallmouth and the bait was still in his mouth...did you try that bait any? I was only on the water about 5-6 hours Tuesday 10/8 and struggled with numbers. About the only bait I could get a keeper bite on was what was in the text.
    Didn’t try that but threw a squarebill for ignorant amount of time. Only a couple all day came on a reaction bait and that was am. We looked but couldn’t find one.

5. Member

Ive never been able to get on that deep diving whopper plopper bite. Everything im hearing on Green is that they arent where they should be. I havent been out simce the first weekend of september so i have no clue. Did hear somebody say it looked like the lake was starting to turn over
    They aint got hands, set the hook

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Ive never been able to get on that deep diving whopper plopper bite. Everything im hearing on Green is that they arent where they should be. I havent been out simce the first weekend of september so i have no clue. Did hear somebody say it looked like the lake was starting to turn over
    I remember now that I also sent you the same text. Picture quality was not so great but I guess that smallmouth was a little over 4. That fish was long but skinny. I don't throw those 110's often on Green because at $25 a pop musky could make it hard on my pocket book . I had 4 keepers that afternoon and 3 of them came jerking.

My fall vacation is here but I might not get to go as much as I planned. I took my wife to Taylor Regional ER wednesday at 2 am and she was not discharged until friday at 2 pm. She knew she was having gallbladder issues and was actually scheduled 10/21 to get it took care of but after throwing up 6 hours straight tuesday night it was time to head to the ER so they removed it thursday. She just told me a few minutes ago "thanks for staying with me in the hospital for 2.5 days straight" "if you still want to go fishing all next week then go because I feel okay now, other than being sore" so I may get out a few days. I am not scheduled to go back to work until 10/23 so hopefully I can get in a few trips. My plans are to hit Cumberland as much as I can with maybe a couple trips to Green.

7. Member
    Gene, hate to hear about your wife, but thankfully she's alright now. As you know mine had major back surgery & they say it will take atleast a year to get over it. She's doing real good, but doing anything much at all gets her down. Now she's having gall bladder issues too. Hopefully she gets lined out pretty soon. Hopefully you have some luck on Cumberland while you're off.

8. Banned
    I remember now that I also sent you the same text. Picture quality was not so great but I guess that smallmouth was a little over 4. That fish was long but skinny. I don't throw those 110's often on Green because at $25 a pop musky could make it hard on my pocket book . I had 4 keepers that afternoon and 3 of them came jerking.

My fall vacation is here but I might not get to go as much as I planned. I took my wife to Taylor Regional ER wednesday at 2 am and she was not discharged until friday at 2 pm. She knew she was having gallbladder issues and was actually scheduled 10/21 to get it took care of but after throwing up 6 hours straight tuesday night it was time to head to the ER so they removed it thursday. She just told me a few minutes ago "thanks for staying with me in the hospital for 2.5 days straight" "if you still want to go fishing all next week then go because I feel okay now, other than being sore" so I may get out a few days. I am not scheduled to go back to work until 10/23 so hopefully I can get in a few trips. My plans are to hit Cumberland as much as I can with maybe a couple trips to Green.
    Hate to hear that and hope she has a fast recovery. Sometimes life gets in the way of less important things, and keeps us all humble. Hope for a speedy recovery for your wife as well Les!

9. Member
    Hate to hear about your wife Gene hope for a speedy recovery. It’s always most important to take care of the ones we love. Good luck when you get to get out hope ya hook a tank.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Thanks for your thoughts AJ...how are you liking your new position. I talked to Nick a few weeks ago and he seemed to like his new role. They re-structured our shifts and I got bumped back to nights. 5.5 years on nights and 2 years on days now back to nights .

11. Member
    I’m really enjoying it Gene thanks for asking! Hopefully the night shift stay is short lived for ya.
    A.J. Kelty Versailles KY
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

12. Member
    Hope ur wife is ok Gene

Praying for a quick recovery for your wife Gene.
    Rude we will be looking for our best 5 but my wife would like to catch 30 to get them. Lol
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

14. Member
    Hope your wife is doing well. Back to nights, thats rough, . Hang in there .

Wife and I had a good trip to Green. Water temps are around 68* and the thermocline looks to be around 30'. We never got on any big fish but we caught fish every day. Our best day was fishin shallow shallow with a spinnerbait. We caught 10-12 keepers that day.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12