Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    My dealer told me the same thing. He said alot of dealers are stuck on the 2s setups and they just dont perform correctly on the 4s engines. Those of you running the tempest props are they out of the box or worked at all?
    Mine is out of the box, I’m running the 21trxs and took the 23 fury off and went to the tempest plus and noticinke difference in bow lift and performance overall.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waknbass View Post
    Having the same issue with a new 19TRX. Boat will not get passed 5700 RPMs with a 23 fury. Was told by a reliable source that triton no longer hand lays hulls, they use the chopper gun now and I may be bow heavy because of that.
    I find that very interesting. I'm not sure who your reliable source at Triton is but I think they better update their website because it says "every Triton features hand-laid construction". I find it extremely difficult to believe they are not hand-laid anymore. I would like to know your setup. Like others have stated, I think it's an issue with your setup but I guess anything is possible.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

3. Member
    Mine is out of the box, 18 TRX with 200 ProXs 4s, 22 Tempest Plus at 6000- 6100 rpm and 69 mph. I do need to send it off to have just a little bit of cup added as I have to feather the gas on hole shot to keep from overspinning on break over. Also my ptp is 2.5”.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2718 View Post
    I find that very interesting. I'm not sure who your reliable source at Triton is but I think they better update their website because it says "every Triton features hand-laid construction". I find it extremely difficult to believe they are not hand-laid anymore. I would like to know your setup. Like others have stated, I think it's an issue with your setup but I guess anything is possible.
    The entire process is not hand laid anymore which started in 2019. There is no issue with setup, he has had 3 different TRX's as he gets a new one every other year. There is no gear in the boat and had spent $2000 between 2 dealers trying to figure this thing out. Up and down with the hydro plate and every prop you can think of. Boat is a turd and Triton is horrible to deal with. Do you know what happens when you call Triton these days? All they do is tell you to call your local dealer, they will not route you to anyone internally, complete BS.

You're right waknbass......that's what you get when you call Triton. This dealer stuff started about a year ago. The lady I dealt with at Triton over the years was excellent. She helped tremendously. Returned email & phone calls promptly, couldn't be any better in helping. Last year she told me this would be the last time she could help directly. I would have to go through a dealer from now on. I am assuming ( which I hate to do ) this is from JM aka White Water Holdings. Seems dealers were crying about loosing money by owners going straight to Triton & not through them. So I tried going through the dealer.......Their pricing is twice as high, shipping is higher, & takes twice as long to get an item. This is if you can get them on the phone to order anything. Wonder why owners went through Triton directly. JM is in it for the money, nothing else. Just hope he doesn't screw up Ranger also.
    Hope your buddy gets it fixed, one way or another. Sad situation.

6. Banned
    Not buying it. You can't build an entire hull out of chop and expect it to be structurally sound. First hard wave would punch a hole straight through it. You still need layers of woven and weave to provide the integrity needed. And those have to be hand laid.

7. Member
    Triton boats are still have hand laid hulls, the only chop is the skin coat.

8. Member
    I think this is one of the reasons Triton is building boats in their own plant again. My new 2020 model runs like they used to run. I expect QC on any new Tritons to be good. My biggest concern would be 2017 and 2018 model years where boats were made in the Ranger and Nitro plants. I think these are the year models where some boats didn’t perform as well.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    I think this is one of the reasons Triton is building boats in their own plant again. My new 2020 model runs like they used to run. I expect QC on any new Tritons to be good. My biggest concern would be 2017 and 2018 model years where boats were made in the Ranger and Nitro plants. I think these are the year models where some boats didn’t perform as well.
    probably right, but remains to be seen. I know a salesman that sells Triton's with a '18 18TrX w/ 200 Pro XS that barely does 64 MPH. They've tried everything to get that boat running faster. It's just a turd. He's not a big guy and doesn't have any heavy accessories on it or over loads it with tackle.

Which doesn't really make much sense. They all come out of the same molds.

10. Member
    Buddy had a 2018 20 TRX... thing ran great.
    So either you need to work on setup, or you have a hooked hull (very unlikely).

Also when he had some little issues, he had no problems dealing with his dealer, called them up and sent out what he needed. He never even thought to call triton directly.
    Last edited by moetorola; 09-30-2019 at 04:45 PM.

11. Banned
    Some of y'all saying you have to go thru the dealer. Did you not see where someone from the factory posted a # to call. He said bring it to the factory and they will take it to the lake and get it set up right. I say that's good customer service

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    Some of y'all saying you have to go thru the dealer. Did you not see where someone from the factory posted a # to call. He said bring it to the factory and they will take it to the lake and get it set up right. I say that's good customer service
    I saw that. That was the plant manager from Triton. He’s a great guy.

13. Member
    Most 18TRX run 68-70mph, if its not running that there is a set-up, or engine problem.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waknbass View Post
    Having the same issue with a new 19TRX. Boat will not get passed 5700 RPMs with a 23 fury. Was told by a reliable source that triton no longer hand lays hulls, they use the chopper gun now and I may be bow heavy because of that.
    What engine are you running? You may be hitting the rev limiter, mine is 5700.....
    1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax/25p Trophy Plus

15. Member
    little update reset the hotfoot and cables. full of fuel livewells full and every box full of tackle 70.8 changing the prop and adjusting jack plate headed back to the lake

16. Member
    That sounds about right.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger / Triton / Stratos View Post
    little update reset the hotfoot and cables. full of fuel livewells full and every box full of tackle 70.8 changing the prop and adjusting jack plate headed back to the lake
    I’d assume he’s not willing to take that big loss now is he?

18. Member
    update 73.8 Two people full of fuel tournament load..

19. Member
    What was the final setup? Prop, ptp and rpm?

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger / Triton / Stratos View Post
    update 73.8 Two people full of fuel tournament load..
    Awesome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast