Thread: Line-x hull

Line-x hull

Hi guys

i tried searching for this and couldn’t find much info.

I have a 2007 z-21 that has some Hull blisters from wet trailer bunks. I also have some bad scratches and chips on my hull.

My local line-x dealer says they do boat hulls all the time. They use a different material than what they use on truck beds, supposed to be less gritty and more smooth.

I’m wondering if the blisters could be sanded down, and then this material placed on the entire hull?

Anyone have any experience with this? Seems to me it would be similar to a gorilla hull?

Thank you

I do a lot of work with a local very well known glass shop and they repair blisters all the time then instead of a re- gel they apply a 2 part epoxy to the bottoms. Very durable and cheaper than shooting gel.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Thanks crank68. I’ll check around my area to see if any shops around do this. I like the idea of an epoxy.

4. Member
    There is a company out there, I think in Texas, that puts a "High Speed" coating on bass boats for speed. I have not seen first hand but they say it really keeps the wetted surface down by allowing micro air bubbles to accumulate under the hull while underway.

5. Member
    line x would probably work but not be as strong as the gorilla and gator hull. On those, they prep the hull and spray about 4 layers of new glass thru a chopper gun and then re gel. Cheapest fix for blisters is grinding them and fairing them out with vinylester and rolling a few coats of antifouling bottom paint. Or fix them and put on gatorbaks.

Many of the composite boat builders (epoxy/glass construction over wood or foam core) use graphite as an additive to the final epoxy bottom coat (e.g., WEST Systems Graphite powder). It results in a super tough, slick, wear resistant surface. The black pigment offers a UV barrier to the epoxy, and can be painted over if accent color is desired. Typically it's rolled or brushed on, so no fancy spray equipment is needed for application. Google it for more information.