2001 Mercury 200 Optimax keeps shutting down, help please..

Hello,

I have a 2001 mercury optimax 200, it has less than 100 hours. While idling at the lake this past week, the motor out of no where shut itself off and sounded one short beep. The same beep as when you turn the key to start the motor. I started the motor up again and it fired right up and ran normal for about 30 seconds and shut itself off again with the same short beep. I started it again, ran for about a minute, and the same thing. Does this over and over again no matter what I do. I checked the battery connections and everything is snug and not corroded. If anyone has any idea what could be causing this, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler

2. Banned
    Go back to the main page and scroll down to the Mercury form and ask in there. Someone will be able to help. Makes sure to post all the info on your motor.

Post in the mercury 3 liter forum below. Remember to include your serial number in your post.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Yep post in Mercury forum for the most informed response.

It sounds as though the ignition switch or kill switch is cutting out and reconnecting. As it reconnects it sounds the test beep as it would when you first turn the key.

5. Member
    Thank you all for the feedback, i am still new to the forum and trying to figure everything out, much appreciated!