Thread: HO 150?

HO 150?

We are running the Rude 150 HO on our 2019-1980 the 2 questions I have is, should the plugs be in or out of my prop?

And where is the lower unit drain and fill plugs?

2. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman58 View Post
    We are running the Rude 150 HO on our 2019-1980 the 2 questions I have is, should the plugs be in or out of my prop?

I'm from the "other side of the tracks", but, on my G2 w/ the Raker my vents are open 1/2 way. The drain / fill plug is behind the water intake screen on the leading end of the lower unit, STBD side. You need to remove the screens w/ an allen wrench, and as I recall it's the same size to remove/install the drain plug.

If you need pix, let me know or if you need any advice on the LU oil change, let me know

Oh and BTW, I would understand if you only want to communicate w/ the Vexus guys going fwd, I wouldn't even talk to Ranger folks if I wasn't one of them...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

What's your angle King_Fish? Y'all don't cross over the tracks unless you are up to no good or to sneak a peak of the Vexus under the cover of darkness.

Good info. Learned something, not that I will ever change the LU oil But at least I can show someone where the plug is. Ya know I have never paid attention to what my vents are set at. The boats jumps right out of the water on the hole shot, so they are good however they are.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

4. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

5. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    What's your angle King_Fish? Y'all don't cross over the tracks unless you are up to no good or to sneak a peak of the Vexus under the cover of darkness.

Good info. Learned something, not that I will ever change the LU oil But at least I can show someone where the plug is. Ya know I have never paid attention to what my vents are set at. The boats jumps right out of the water on the hole shot, so they are good however they are.
    LOL, too funny.

Well, I've been to the edge and looked down, I'm a changed man... I now love everybody and every thing, with the exception of a soon-to-be Triton owner, if ya know where I'm coming from... I'm joking of course!

And I am quite intimate with the water intake screen 'cause I've broken and replaced 2 of them -> frig'n logs! Fortunately they are not that expensive ~$20 a pop which includes shipping
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

6. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    G2 is completely different, sorry if I'm being a Butt-in-ski and if the OP is using a G1, I assumed he is running a G2.

Man, I really like it over here, you Vexus dudes are pretty cool....

Ever do any Cow Tipping?
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    G2 is completely different, sorry if I'm being a Butt-in-ski and if the OP is using a G1, I assumed he is running a G2.

Man, I really like it over here, you Vexus dudes are pretty cool....

Ever do any Cow Tipping?

Cow Tipping?, dude this is Flippin Arkansas, there is not much else to do here on Saturday night

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman58 View Post

lots of good evinrude techs in the evinrude section also for these questions
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

9. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    lots of good evinrude techs in the evinrude section also for these questions
    X2!
    That Evinrude section is AWESOME...

Hey Mac - Shout out to your family members who are serving - a big Thank You!!!!!
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

10. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Cow Tipping?, dude this is Flippin Arkansas, there is not much else to do here on Saturday night
    LOL - I love it!

Good dudes over here /w a sense of humor...

Does anyone remember laughter.
    Last edited by King_Fish; 09-25-2019 at 07:26 PM.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

11. Member
    On my 1980 with a G2 150 HO the Raker HO prop vents are closed. It has run so good since I first got it that I haven’t touched anything on the prop or the 6” manual jack plate. Ran a comfortable 58mph today with two people, half tank, lots of tackle. Fish are starting to get in their fall position, but were a little finicky to bite today. Caught plenty counting the white bass, so not complaining.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

with the exception of a soon-to-be Triton owner

King_Fish - They are known as the Golden Boys or GB over here given their similar place of residence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    On my 1980 with a G2 150 HO the Raker HO prop vents are closed. It has run so good since I first got it that I haven’t touched anything on the prop or the 6” manual jack plate. Ran a comfortable 58mph today with two people, half tank, lots of tackle. Fish are starting to get in their fall position, but were a little finicky to bite today. Caught plenty counting the white bass, so not complaining.
    Out of curiousity I am going to check mine out this evening. Like you, never touched anything with the way that it runs out of the box.

14. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    with the exception of a soon-to-be Triton owner

King_Fish - They are known as the Golden Boys or GB over here given their similar place of residence.

LOL...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

15. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    X2, with the exception of "Fish are starting to get in their fall position", here in good ole' Western PA, I don't know where the Fuk they are!

One thing is consistent though, I keep lining Yamamoto's pockets....
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop