Question Ranger 1880 MS Angler (2020)

Hello folks!
    Anyone out there have an 1880 Angler that they can tell me about?
    Mine is actually being built and I am just looking for things to be 'aware of' when I get it!

Thanks and Fish On!
    Calvin (Cdawg) Stevens

2. Member
    I have one but it is a 2015 1880VS. I have not had any major issues with it and I don't think the previous owner had any either. The only small issue I had was the previous owner beached it a lot apparently and he pulled the Hamby loose at the bottom edge so I had to clean out the sand and epoxy it back on. It was loose about 4" at the end. I was under the impression that those things don't come off but maybe there was contamination on the hull when it was put on causing it to not seal completely.

The only other issue is a sore face from the perma-grin you will have!! :) I still smile every time I see it in the garage and I have had it for a year now.
    2015 Ranger 1880 VS Angler
    2015 MERCURY 150HP
    (Model #:1150F23HD Serial #:2B135781)

3. Member
    I had very bad experience with my 2017 and 2018 Ranger 1880. Both had major gel coat cracking issues. Ranger ended up buying the boat back. I now run Alumacraft 205 SPT. Much happier with 250 SHO, bigger boat/better ride, 10x more storage and higher person capacity for less $ than my 1880. Hope you have better luck as it's a beautiful boat.

4. Member
    I have a 2017 1880MS and I really love the boat! I really like the cockpit LEDs and the bulkhead rod holder. Overall, I think it is a great boat, and I would happily buy another Ranger.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkrum View Post
    I have a 2017 1880MS and I really love the boat! I really like the cockpit LEDs and the bulkhead rod holder. Overall, I think it is a great boat, and I would happily buy another Ranger.
    I am looking to order an 1880 or 1850. I was disappointed where the 3 bank charger is located in the 1880, its in the bow starboard storage area. It does allow for many more items the way it is placed. The 1850 has it located in the middle bow storage area, which is really out of the way and leaves the port and starboard bow compartments available to store gear. However I really like the rod storage area in the 1880 and trolling motor batteries location. The other thing I hate to give up in the 1850 is the storage under the floor area in the bow. Really can put several items out of the way, and I like to stand with one foot up in that area and fish. How do you like the storage in your 1880? Where did they put your 3 bank Charger?

6. Member
    I have a 2019 1880. I ordered mine with the Minn Kota Precision charger. I went this route because the Minn Kota charger is a lot smaller than the standard Ranger charger. They mounted it in the same place, on the side of the front starboard compartment. It only sticks out a couple of inches, versus the Ranger one. Gives you more room in that compartment. I think at that time, it was actually $5 cheaper to get the Minn Kota Charger. I can get a pic tonight if you want to see one.