2017 Power poles

Did the 2017 poles come with the new hydraulic lines or the plastic ones?

I believe they switched some time during 2017. I had a 2017 boat I bought in 2016 that had the plastic lines. My 2019 bought in 2018 has the new lines
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. BBC SPONSOR
    2017 was the transition year. All CM2.0 Poles that were built in 2017 have the new hoses.

There were also CM1.0 Poles built in 2017 which would still have the poly lines.

I have the 2017 1.0 with the crappy plastic lines. If I had known ( or was told) they would change that year, I would have waited. Their customer service is great, no doubt, but they should retrofit the OLD poles from that year. Just my opinion that doesn't mean nothing. It's terrible to buy something "NEW" ( and latest model) only to find out a few months later it's outdated. Maybe they are affiliated with Microsoft..........

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    It was a transitional year for them, some dealers were well stocked on poles and were selling 1.0 into the 2017 model year, if I remember correctly the 10 foot blades werent even available to dealers till several months into the year due to some finalization of the new stern bracket design. Alot of dealers were dumping there remaining inventory of 1.0 poles at well below cost as Power Pole lifted MAP rules so they could transition to the newer poles, for some this provided a opportunity to get "Last years model" at a deeply discounted price. It should have been explained to you at time of purchase that the new 2.0 poles were being released and you would have had the opportunity to decide. Retrofitting the poles is not just swapping to the new lines it is way more involved with that, new rails, new cylinders, new stern brackets and a ton of other parts. Hence why the retrofit kit is so expensive. We normally see signifigant changes on about a 5 year cycle. Recently the 8 foot blades went to the new stern bracket design. when customers have a single 2.0 pole installed we have to ask if they have the newer stern bracket or the old as there are both 2.0 poles that way we assure they have an exact match. Power Pole is always trying to improve there product and give the customer the best quality shallow water anchors on the market. I personally still run a set of the 1.0 poles on my boat and they have been flawless, "if it isnt broke dont fix it" . The older tubing has given me zero issues. I know others however seem to have issues with them, I believe alot is due to improper seating of the ferrule and the nut and not getting a good square cut on the hose during install. Power Pole going to the real hydraulic lines with the precrimed factory ends eliminated all of this .. while most liked the change others complained the lines were to large and do not like the fact they cant have quick disconnects and do not like the extra hose coiled up in the bilge. I seen a post not to long ago about someone hateing on the new stern bracket design as well, while we have heard nothing but positive from our customers.. bottom line the only thing you can do is try to improve your product based on advancements in technology to please the majority and I think they have.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 09-26-2019 at 08:44 AM.

I understand what you are saying Kevin and agree for the most part. I'm referring to these so called "Dealers" that only want to get rid of their old stock, without giving the option of waiting for the new ones. It's one thing to tell someone the new ones will be out soon but I can give you a great deal on what I have now. I was not even told that. That's a whole different ball game. It's not just the lines that are different but the pumps also. I too have not had any problems with mine. It's not PP's fault & I don't begrudge them for making improvements, that what they are in business for. I also know it more that just changing the lines. I was merely saying that for those that have the OLD 2017, 1.0 it would be nice for PP to offer the kit at a discount. I'm not about to spend and extra $350-$400. Have enough invested already. Guess next time I will call PP & ask when the new ones will be out.
    Thanks

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    I understand what you are saying Kevin and agree for the most part. I'm referring to these so called "Dealers" that only want to get rid of their old stock, without giving the option of waiting for the new ones. It's one thing to tell someone the new ones will be out soon but I can give you a great deal on what I have now. I was not even told that. That's a whole different ball game. It's not just the lines that are different but the pumps also. I too have not had any problems with mine. It's not PP's fault & I don't begrudge them for making improvements, that what they are in business for. I also know it more that just changing the lines. I was merely saying that for those that have the OLD 2017, 1.0 it would be nice for PP to offer the kit at a discount. I'm not about to spend and extra $350-$400. Have enough invested already. Guess next time I will call PP & ask when the new ones will be out.
    Thanks
    I totally agree with you, and not all dealers are created equal. Bottom line you should have been told and givin the option. Being upfront with a customer goes along way, some dealers havent figured that out yet.