Thread: Norris Lake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    LOL...so it's right in front of my nose. None of the maps I've looked at has the "Little" listed. We are headed up Friday for the weekend, and will fish around wedding activities. I hope this front doesn't mess'em up too bad. I'm sure it will get better after I've been there
    1992 Ranger 690
    1991 Johnson 150 Fastrike
    2014 Minn Kota Terrova 112 w/i-Pilot Link
    (Coming Soon) Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI GPS G2N
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI GPS G2N
    Helix 5 DI

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick2018 View Post
    Anyone know if Whitman Hollow Ramp is open? I'm heading down this weekend and am staying 2 miles from the mouth of Big Creek (east side). The place I'm staying at has a private ramp, but I don't think it's usable with the water being so low. I'm looking for a public ramp if anyone has any suggestions.

On a side note, I've heard the topwater bite is on fire right now - any truth to that?? Thanks
    Can't help with the ramps... But if there was a topwater bite I missed it... Didn't see any surface action all week... Even had a new Pop X I tried to break in

Now in all seriousness, before the cold front moved in (Thursday night) I was catching them in downed trees on a jig. Afterwards they scattered and I struggled... Dan

3. Member
    I had a decent trip. The private ramp was usable. Almost all of the fish I caught was on a spook or whopper plopper around downed trees. Bites were few and far between, but man - I love the topwater bite.

4. Member
    My daughter and her silly wedding really sucked the life out of my fishing trip LOL. I did manage to sneak out for about 2 hours Sunday evening. Ran up to Cave Branch, and had several miss a Pop'r and a spook. Then they started crashing bait, and I caught 5 in about 20 minutes. I guess I can't complain, but I had really hoped to fish more than that. My wife and daughter worked me like a borrowed mule!
    1992 Ranger 690
    1991 Johnson 150 Fastrike
    2014 Minn Kota Terrova 112 w/i-Pilot Link
    (Coming Soon) Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI GPS G2N
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI GPS G2N
    Helix 5 DI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12