Lake Ouachita in early November

Looking at a trip the first or second week of November. Never been to the lake or area before and just wondering what to expect? My understanding it that it’s a deep clear water lake and the fish primarily live on ledges and deep water structure. Am I on the right track? I’m thinking deep cranking, football jigs, shakey heads, and drop shots.

I am on the lake and drop shot brush piles and structure most of the time. Top water bite is on now. Guides are drop shooting night crawlers for walleye and bass.
    18 Ranger 521L 50th Anniversary Ed /Evinrude G2 250HO

3. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    When they put the fall feed bag on, they shallow up. Check the creek arms with buzz and spinner baits, walking baits and swim baits. You should be able to locate different patterns and pretty much fish the way you want. Good luck to you.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

Appreciate the help! Looking forward to it! It’ll be my first time fishing Arkansas!

5. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Mid west rally is on Nov. 8/9 on Dardanelle if you get a chance come up and meet some fellow BBCers.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

6. Member
    The lake is fishing much more shallow this year than in the past and by November if things don't change the lake could be close to 15 or more feet down so be very careful. Hopefully we get rain before then! Look for fish and shad suspended above and around the trees and drop shot or spoon for them. If the lake is still low and you don't mind banging around trees, as others have said check the back of creeks.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Early November used to be one of the best times to fish all year. Punching a heavy jig through the grass/moss. Can load the boat in a hurry with some big uns.