Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    It seems like 2 of the favorite words on here are hater and jealous. I don't understand it.
    I don't either they must be the only two terms they can come up with as who with any financial sense be jealous of someone who admits they are 45K in Debt trying to make a living in a long shot gamble like Professional Fishing and says they might have to get a real job?

The reality is the 100K he won after taxes won't exactly put things on easy street either when the debts are all paid hopefully it will increase the influx of sponsor money because you can't write checks for very long on a garage full of free rods,reels and other tackle from sponsors.

Reality probably wasn't the right term to use as those constantly slinging out Hater and Jealous evidently don't have that word in their vocabulary.

2. Banned
    Hoot

I will say that it does impress me that Carl was only $45k under. With the cost of everything these days, he must he doing a pretty good job of budgeting his money. Gas & diesel alone for him have to be a huge expense, I know what I spend a week and I’m not traveling the country pulling a boat.

3. Member
    He was on BTL yesterday. Great interview.

Not really sure how you could dislike the guy to be honest. But for whatever reason there are always some people who hate but never seem to have a legitimate reason why.

He busted his butt and earned that win.

4. Member
    I had the pleasure of fishing with him during Costa event at Lake Erie. One of the nicest guys i have ever fished with. The thing that surprised me the most about him was how genuinely exited he got for me when i caught my kicker at the end of the day. Most pros (understandably) get bothered when you catch a nice one behind them. Congrats to him on sticking to it and achieving his dream!

5. Member
    I gained a lot of respect for Carl after watching his win and speech. Very cool.

6. Member
    Congratulations Carl. I hope you stick with it. I really admire your attitude. I know some people started hating on you when you pissed in BD's Cheerios. But I admired that too. Good luck.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

7. Member
    i think carl is pretty cool and i am completely fine that he's willing/able to chase the dream. just as long as i don't personally have to pay for it in the future. can't imagine these guys sock much away for retirement/what if's.

Good job Carl. I hope things will continue to flourish for you and your love of Bass Fishing.

If I fished to live.....I'd starve to death!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Congratulations Carl.I know some people started hating on you when you pissed in BD's Cheerios.
    I don't follow the tourney drama what happened here?

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Hoot

I will say that it does impress me that Carl was only $45k under. With the cost of everything these days, he must he doing a pretty good job of budgeting his money. Gas & diesel alone for him have to be a huge expense, I know what I spend a week and I’m not traveling the country pulling a boat.
    I have to agree based on the years he's been fishing professionally when just considering the expenses an active weekend angler incurs during the year it is amazing that he is only 45K in debt. His future brother in law Brandon was a textbook for how to save money on the road.

Hey Grout Scout I hang around Texas during the winter and do visit Boerne often but Three Rivers not so much will send a PM warning you of my presence in the area would buy lunch, coffee or an adult beverage of your choice.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I don't follow the tourney drama what happened here?
    Same ole he violated the unwritten rule thingy. He got mad when Boyd beat him to a spot but the BASS leadership found no foul play just a disgruntled angler.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    I have to agree based on the years he's been fishing professionally when just considering the expenses an active weekend angler incurs during the year it is amazing that he is only 45K in debt. His future brother in law Brandon was a textbook for how to save money on the road.

Hey Grout Scout I hang around Texas during the winter and do visit Boerne often but Three Rivers not so much will send a PM warning you of my presence in the area would buy lunch, coffee or an adult beverage of your choice.

I live in Boerne M-F and Three Rivers Friday night - Sunday night, let me know and I’ll buy your dinner.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Congratulations Carl. I hope you stick with it. I really admire your attitude. I know some people started hating on you when you pissed in BD's Cheerios. But I admired that too. Good luck.

Weeellllllllll, now that I know that tidbit of info, Mr. Carl is my new favorite professional fisherman!

I’m a fan of anyone that gets Boyd riled up. Boyd got mad at Carl for fishing his spot that he had most likely already stolen from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I live in Boerne M-F and Three Rivers Friday night - Sunday night, let me know and I’ll buy your dinner.
    That is a deal......I strongly suspect the fact that Three Rivers being in close proximity to Choke Canyon as a very good reason to make Three Rivers your second home during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I’m a fan of anyone that gets Boyd riled up. Boyd got mad at Carl for fishing his spot that he had most likely already stolen from someone else.
    That's funny even if you like BD.......It must be really irritating when you have to steal a fishing spot twice in the same tournament guess the wrath gets taken out on the second victim of the theft.

17. Banned
    That is a deal......I strongly suspect the fact that Three Rivers being in close proximity to Choke Canyon as a very good reason to make Three Rivers your second home during the week.

18. Member
    What I respect about Carl (besides his great sportsmanship) is that he came from a culture that had no largemouth bass fishing, so he didn't "grow up with it" like most of us do. He decides to come over to a foreign country, fish a foreign species, on foreign bodies of water.. against the best in the world who were raised on these lakes. That takes some serious balls in my book. He's not some trust fund kid either who's over here goofing around on mom and dad's dime, he's told lots of stories about running himself broke on a few occasions on the tournament trail.

The fact that he won a tournament at the highest level really says something. I hope my kids have his level of drive.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

19. Member

since you and grout scout are so smart how are Brandon P and Carl going to become brother in laws????

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    LOL yep!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast