BEST BOW AND CONSOLE MOUNTS

Hey guys trying to figure out which mounts I want to run on my boat. Ive got two elite ti2 9’s want to mount one on the console and one on the bow. Which mounts do you guys prefer? Im looking at the bass boat tech, procise, and precision sonar mounts. Shoot me some opinions of the quality on these mounts and which ones you prefer and why please. Pics are also great if you guys can post some pics of your setups, ive got a 2009 z7 im wanting to set this up on. Thanks for all the help! -Chris

2. Member
    I'm using a Precision Sonar mount at console but on a Z8 so console layout is different. It is a solid quality mount and would recommend at least talking with them. They can probably help on the bow mount as well.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    I have a Bass Boat Technologies dual mount on my bow- great mount! Tried to post a pic- Tinypic is no longer available to post pics.

4. Member
    I use precision sonar, but you can't go wrong with either one, BBT or PS. Both quality products. I will be just personal preference. The designs are a little deferent between the two.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

Quality is prolly not a issue with any of these. I choose Precision Sonar mount though. Guys are easy to talk too.
    Last edited by BMCD; 09-25-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Precision Sonar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durden86 View Post
    Hey guys trying to figure out which mounts I want to run on my boat. Ive got two elite ti2 9’s want to mount one on the console and one on the bow. Which mounts do you guys prefer? Im looking at the bass boat tech, procise, and precision sonar mounts. Shoot me some opinions of the quality on these mounts and which ones you prefer and why please. Pics are also great if you guys can post some pics of your setups, ive got a 2009 z7 im wanting to set this up on. Thanks for all the help! -Chris
    Give Ryan a call at Precision Sonar and he can get you set up with bow and console mounts for the Z7. (270)703-6133

Precision Sonar & Outdoors
    Home of the Patented Smart Bracket Console Mounting System
    email: ryank@precisionsonar.com
    phone: 270-703-6133

7. Member
    I talked with Ryan today at precision. Im gone send him some measurements to see which plate I need. They are all around the same price range it seems. Like how precision uses all aluminum mounts and plates. Not sure what bass boat tech or procise use.

8. Member
    Do you really need mounts if you only have one unit at the console? Just trying to save you some money.... unless the factory did a flush mount at the console and cut that big hole out. Would always recommend you ask Nitro not to mount the console units if ordering. Let us know how you make out.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

9. Member
    I have a single HDS 12 and went with the BBT console mount. I did not want to flush mount because I like being able to tilt the unit. I also like the unit being closer to the wheel so as I'm scanning I have easy access to the buttons.

IMG_7138.JPG

10. Member
    I bought the boat used and right now it has a 5” flush mounted in the console. I checked to see if my gimbel bracket would work but its too wide it wont fit between my gauges. Gone have to find a mount to extend it past the gauges a little. It would be nice to save the $300 for the console mounts but dont have to many options, I dont like the ram mounts out to the side at all like to be able to look ahead of where im going, our rivers have plenty of obstacles to watch out for.

11. Member
    I went back ad looked and mine is a PROcise Dash Mount... Not expensive at all and rock solid.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/proc...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quote Originally Posted by potomacbassin View Post
    Do you really need mounts if you only have one unit at the console? Just trying to save you some money.... unless the factory did a flush mount at the console and cut that big hole out. Would always recommend you ask Nitro not to mount the console units if ordering. Let us know how you make out.
    I’m going to guess a 9” unit will not fit in the dash of his 09 Z7. Even a 7” unit would not have fit in my 08 Triton.

I had one of the basic Precision Sonar units that goes over the foot pedal and it was great. I currently have BBT mounts at both locattions and they are great as well.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow