Robert Trent Jones Trail

Who has played it and can tell us about it, favorite course and eats?
    we talked with a couple who raved about it and we’re thinking of making it a retirement locale.
    i hear they have some fishing around there too.
    Sounds kinda perfect.

2. Member
    I've only played the 2 courses that overlook Wilson Lake in Muscle Shoals. The school master and Fighting Joe. They are really nice courses, unfortunately when I played in April (Masters weekend) the weather was crappy and the courses still hadn't fully turned green. They were still in really good shape, though. They long, very very long from the Tips. The fighting Joe has a 711 yard par 5 from and a 265 yard par 3 across a lake from the tips.

3. Member
    That is long indeed. He said you can play them all with your spouse for $2900 per year and two weeks to reserve tee times including cart. He loved the ones he played.

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I've played both courses at Oxmoor Valley, Ross Bridge, both courses at Magnolia Grove, all the nines at Cambrian Ridge, the Lakes course at Grand National, both courses at Hampton Cove, and the Judge at Capitol Hill.

My favorites are the Judge, Ross Bridge, and all the nines at Cambrian Ridge.

If I was moving back to Alabama, my first choice would be the Huntsville area. Not as much good golf as the B'ham area, but the fishing and pace of life is much better.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    I've played both courses at Oxmoor Valley, Ross Bridge, both courses at Magnolia Grove, all the nines at Cambrian Ridge, the Lakes course at Grand National, both courses at Hampton Cove, and the Judge at Capitol Hill.

My favorites are the Judge, Ross Bridge, and all the nines at Cambrian Ridge.

If I was moving back to Alabama, my first choice would be the Huntsville area. Not as much good golf as the B'ham area, but the fishing and pace of life is much better.
    thanks. Very helpful info. We may get to check these out soon.