Toray 40 ton carbon repair?

While cleaning one of my rods yesterday, I ended up with a carbon sliver in my finger... Inspected the rod closely, and it looks like the outer layer of carbon is cracking in a very small spot. It looks to me like the carbon is a spiral wrap pattern and maybe coming unwound?
    The rod is out of warranty, and I don't really want to pay this particular company for a replacement. Is there some sort of flexible epoxy or something I can put over this area to stop it from coming apart?
    Message_1569292753643.jpg

2. Goby King
    Thread wrap and finish

3. Member
    Scott's right, that's a good solution, but out of warranty or not, I'd contact the company. Slivers from a rod blank are a likely manufacturing defect - unless they are a result of an impact. If it's anyone reputable, they'll want to know about it.

4. Member
    Went ahead and repaired it last weekend. Bought some nylon and wrapped/epoxied over it. Turned out alright. Guess we will see if it holds up. Cold weather on the way