carpet discolored

I have a 2016 521 with dark spots in carpet. Called ranger about it they told me boat was out of warranty but would look in to it. They sent me new carpet for my boat. That's why I will be a ranger owner from now on.

2. Member
    Send them the bill for replacing it then you will see if your a ranger owner from now on...lol
    2015 189 trx

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    Send them the bill for replacing it then you will see if your a ranger owner from now on...lol
    A little harsh there in my opinion. Ranger did not have to do anything. I think Ranger does its best to help it customers. Go take a vehicle back to the dealership with a blown air conditioning compressor or something that requires the dash to be removed in order to do the repair of a $50 part at 37 months and see what they say they will cover.

Ranger recently drew up for me the specific modifications that I needed to do to my custom cover so it would fit after I installed an Ultrex. They sent me the cover and liner material needed to do the job. Sure I would of wished they would make the modifications but they made a business decision that they could not make them. So I have to take it to a shop that can do the work at my expense ($200). Ranger could have just told me that I ordered my cover before the Ultrex addition and there was nothing they could do to help, but they did not. So I think sending the OP carpet free of charge for something out of warranty was really good of them.

4. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    For a boat that is out of warranty, I would say that it was very acceptable that Ranger sent the carpet. Prolly can have it replaced locally lots cheaper than rolling it back to Ranger for the re-carpet. I agree, good job Ranger on the replacement carpet. RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

5. Member
    He'll I called them (ranger) three times sent to three different peoples voicemail left messages saying I am buying a new ranger z520c but have a few questions never got a call back until I emailed them twice then i finally got a call wasnt to happy about it when i was going to buy a 80k boat from them made me think what if i had a warranty issue.

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ser68 View Post
    He'll I called them (ranger) three times sent to three different peoples voicemail left messages saying I am buying a new ranger z520c but have a few questions never got a call back until I emailed them twice then i finally got a call wasnt to happy about it when i was going to buy a 80k boat from them made me think what if i had a warranty issue.
    Do you call GM when you have an issue or question concerning your truck? There’s a reason Ranger has an extensive and superb dealer network.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

They had some issues in 16 with carpet and they know it. Mine has discolored on the edges and the knap flattened out way quicker than it should have. Its not bad enough for me to worry about..but it was definitely a run of bad carpet.

8. Member
    This carpet issue has been a big problem for Ranger since the 2014 model. In every case I know of (many) they always sent new carpet but never paid for installation which can run around $1K on average. If you have a Ranger where the grey carpet has turned very dark on some panels then you have the defect.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    This carpet issue has been a big problem for Ranger since the 2014 model. In every case I know of (many) they always sent new carpet but never paid for installation which can run around $1K on average. If you have a Ranger where the grey carpet has turned very dark on some panels then you have the defect.
    This is correct ranger has a known problem with carpet on the lids turning dark. I have replaced quit a few for Dixie marine and ranger. Now if the boat is a year to a year and a half they will pay to have it replaced. The interior has a one year warranty if it’s over the year and a half they only send the carpet.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

10. Member
    Did they send carpet for the whole boat or just the affected lids. My 2015 has done this on one of the od locker lids but would like it to match exactly if i'm going through trouble of having the carpet replaced.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TonkaKid View Post
    Did they send carpet for the whole boat or just the affected lids. My 2015 has done this on one of the od locker lids but would like it to match exactly if i'm going through trouble of having the carpet replaced.
    Yess they send a carpet kit which is all the pre cut pieces to replace all the carpet.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time