A couple of Autochart live questions

How does everyone adjust the minimum and maximum depth settings? I’m not really sure how it works. What happens if the lake is maximum 50 ft deep and you only have Autochart set to 40 ft? I’ve been through the manual and haven’t seen anything on these settings. I have already mapped an area and it worked fine but I want to make sure I have the proper settings adjusted. Thanks

There is no minumum and maximum DEPTH setting. There is a minumum and maximum RANGE setting.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...8&&FORM=VRDGAR
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    There is no minumum and maximum DEPTH setting. There is a minumum and maximum RANGE setting.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...8&&FORM=VRDGAR
    That is what I meant to ask.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    How does everyone adjust the minimum and maximum depth settings? I’m not really sure how it works. What happens if the lake is maximum 50 ft deep and you only have Autochart set to 40 ft? I’ve been through the manual and haven’t seen anything on these settings. I have already mapped an area and it worked fine but I want to make sure I have the proper settings adjusted. Thanks
    I often adjust the max range lower than the deepest part of the lake. I adjust it to the max depth I fish so more colors are available to show depth changes.
    Doctor Sonar®
    Go Fishing, the Clock is Ticking

5. Member
    +1 you can also turn off color shading and turn on bottom hardness and what you get is depth contour lines on top of bottom hardness . I find this very useful in the spring . To pinpoint bass on beds. This pattern worked great this year.