Banned

Anyone running the Bac Rac? or other options? 17 footers

Gonna be recarpeting my boat and i dont like my current rod storage status and wanna do something about it. dont keep them on the casting deck out of fear of breakage and instead screwed 4 rod holders in front of the passenger side seat and toss them there. Theyre angled slightly outward...and get hung on things i pass.

Thinking of this bac rac. I have a 17 footer...and like to fish off the back of my boat some times. Wondering if it eats up the whole back on a boat that small? Anyone got pics....and are they a good buy if you have them or not as useful as they seem? I always fish alone so thats no biggie, but I fish off the back ocassionally...and like to keep it as clean as possible so I dont step on anything and break it. So i really wanna do something instead of having 6 rods on my casting deck.

I took out my passenger seat....was thinking maybe getting one of those 3 packs of rod holder and putting 2 next to one another and screwing it into the back deck and store rods with butts toward the back/stern of the boat and the rest of the rods over the area where where the passenger seat is. Not sure that is great though cuz I imagine that will almost eliminate that half of the boat.

2. Member
    I like em when i had them just make sure your latch can lock, u dont want that popping open. Also noticed when running if you have it on the rear deck, it gets hit with alot of spray

3. Member
    I like them as a co-angler, and I've drilled holes in them and mounted them on my multi species boat. I'm not thrilled with the straps being held by screws and not bolts, but I've only had to replace one of the four screws and haven't had failure.

Agree on the locking hatches, although as long as the hatch opens from the back, I don't worry too much about it.

On most of the boats I've used them on, they overhung the splash well and didn't restrict my deck space.

Kind of pricey for what they are, but I'm a satisfied customer.

4. Banned
    thanks guys.

decided against it and going with a skeeter style coangler rod holder. Gonna have it cut with a buddies plasma cutter, long bolts and some spacers should do it. Plus im always solo so it wont bother anyone....and I can still fish off the back like I like to do.