Staying in Duck , NC from Sept 28- Oct 4. Best fishing options?

I will be there without my Skeeter boat. I'm a bass fishing diehard but will be surrounded by salt water. Suggestions? Go to a ramp with $50 for gas and ask for a ride? I'm kind of serious. Is there flats fishing there so I wouldn't have to go out deep sea fishing? Any suggestions welcomed. Would this be a place to rent a kayak and fish for redfish, snook or are these a warmer water fish? I've done a little of that in Florida.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

2. Banned
    The Albermarle sound is a rocks throw from where you will be. Run hwy 12 south and hang a right onto hwy 64 west and you will be at the Alligator river. That is bass fishing down east for sure. Have a friend who has a trailer down there. Great fishing in both big Alligator and Little Alligator. Pop-r and frogs can be a all day thing this time of the year. From Duck to East lake, located on the east side of the big Alligator, is only 42-45 miles. You would be there in less than a hour.

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    The Albermarle sound is a rocks throw from where you will be. Run hwy 12 south and hang a right onto hwy 64 west and you will be at the Alligator river. That is bass fishing down east for sure. Have a friend who has a trailer down there. Great fishing in both big Alligator and Little Alligator. Pop-r and frogs can be a all day thing this time of the year. From Duck to East lake, located on the east side of the big Alligator, is only 42-45 miles. You would be there in less than a hour.
    I will check this out. Thanks very much for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    I have looked up the Alligator River on Google Earth and it looks like a huge Bay that would be salt water and East Lake looks like a small town. I guess I'm missing something. Can you help me out further on this?

5. Member
    Looking at Google Maps you will see Durant Isalnd at the mouth of the Alligator. The body of water to the south of that, that runs north and south, is referred to as South Lake and the body of water that runs to the east is referred to as East Lake. I have never fished there, but I have fisher Alligator River, Little Alligator and south to the Frying Pan. It is brackish to fresh and there are bass to be found there. For those with the knowledge, you can find some speckled trout, and stripers. Be forewarned, that river can get more than a little rough.

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths. ~Author Unknown

look up bass history currituck sound use to be one of the best bass fisheries on east coast and had a bass classic in 1975 with pictures on the lighthouse in the back ground,

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

7. Member
    I'd take a 7-7 1/2 foot spinning rod, a jig head and some Gulp shrimp around the Corp. of Engineers pier in Duck. Usually some trout, small redfish, and flounder (season is closed, but fun to catch)

More is accomplished with a good attitude and a gun, than with just a good attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyjoe View Post
    I'd take a 7-7 1/2 foot spinning rod, a jig head and some Gulp shrimp around the Corp. of Engineers pier in Duck. Usually some trout, small redfish, and flounder (season is closed, but fun to catch)

I will try that . Thank you.

If anyone has an empty back seat in the area I'll have some gas money and would enjoy getting out . My cell is (317) 695-1315. Ask for Rob.

9. Member
    I was in duck last week and we did a little surf fishing and caught drum and seat trout...

10. BBC LifeTimeMember jimb175nc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
    look up bass history currituck sound use to be one of the best bass fisheries on east coast and had a bass classic in 1975 with pictures on the lighthouse in the back ground,
    Use to be big tourmenants there.
    something smells

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorRob View Post
    I have looked up the Alligator River on Google Earth and it looks like a huge Bay that would be salt water and East Lake looks like a small town. I guess I'm missing something. Can you help me out further on this?
    It's fresh to slightly brackish. Used to be a good place to bass fish. But as someone else said......it can get really rough due to being laid out north to south. It's referred to at times as the roughest fresh water on the east coast