Atwood acutuator part needed

I have been looking but can't seem to find a source for the damper shock on an Atwood surge actuator. Mine squeaks everytime a back up. It definately turns heads at the ramp and stop lights! Any help would be appreciated.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Squeaking doesn’t sound like an actuator shock problem to me. If it was, it would squeak every time you used the brakes.

Pacific Trailer May have parts for your actuator.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    It is the only part that hasn't been replaced in the actuator. It isn't the brakes themselves. Any ideas of what it could be then?

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mohogtrapper1 View Post
    It is the only part that hasn't been replaced in the actuator. It isn't the brakes themselves. Any ideas of what it could be then?
    Where is the squeaking coming from? The wheels?
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    Nope coming from the tongue. The master cylinder went bad and I ran without brakes for a while. It started squeaking then. I replaced the entire brake system (minus the brake damper) and it still squeaks just not as bad. It is the only thing I can think of that is causing the sound.

6. Member
    Is it a continuous or short squeak? When does the squeak start/stop? Does your actuator pivot, or does it push straight back?
    Last edited by snapshotmd; 09-25-2019 at 09:38 AM.
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

7. Member
    it only squeaks when the actuator is pulled out and the dampner is extended. I have an atwood actuator that pivots, 1990.