Shimano Curado DC Question

I have noticed that on my Curado DC reels it takes them a little bit for the “wine” to actually kick in. If I am flipping in close proximity around docks or bushes it’s almost like the spool doesn’t spin fast enough or long enough for the brake “wine” to kick in so you don’t even here it on short flips. Is that normal?

2. Member
    Unless things have changed the DC reels are not great for pitching.

3. Member
    I was gonna clean mine this weekend and there's no way to open it. Apparently it's a sealed reel. Mine is acting up a bit and normally after I go in and clean the crap out and a little polishing, they work great. Not sure what to do

4. Member
    Yes, that's normal. I decided to try using one of my Curado DC's on my pitching rod one day. It's not that you can't use it for pitching/flipping, but that's definitely not what it's made for. I do think that the spool has to spin a certain RPM or for a certain length of time before the DC braking kicks in and you get the "whine". I put a non-DC reel back on immediately after getting home that day. I love my DC's for casting and skipping baits, but not at all for pitching.

5. Member
    I bought one of the Curado DC after the guys at my local tackle shop had raved about them. I never bought another one. I mainly use Curado K's and I wouldn't trade one of my Curado K's for another one of these DC's.
    2020 Caymas CX20

6. Member
    That is normal. The DC's are designed for making long casts. I suggest using the Curado K for flipping.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

7. Member
    Thanks guys/

Thats the turbo spinning up . Great reel for the money .

9. Member
    Anybody know about taking the side off for cleaning? There's no switch to open side plate. Mine is casting horrible compared to when it was new. Really want to clean it up.

10. Member
    Turn the brake selector to open and the side plate will rotate about 45 degrees and come off.

11. Member
    Awesome....thanks ajw18!!!