2 questions on my 200 xri

My 93 200 xri has an issue starting when I launch the boat. Takes a few minutes and messing around to get it to start. If I just hook up the muffs in the driveway it starts right up. What could cause this?

Also when it is running should the stream coming out be steady or could it start to surge because it's not warm yet?

2. Member
    Not sure about the starting but the pee stream doesn’t start until the thermostats open. Can take a minute or so and it will start as a sputter.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

3. Member
    would test all sensors and switches on engine , may need good tune up, stream is thermostat controlled
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the forum, and provide the Required Information with your post. Thanks!

Good advice above. Also good idea to check the basics (compression, spark and fuel quality/pressure/delivery).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor