Thread: Cam Gone?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb444fishing View Post
    What about when he was afraid to jump on a fumble
    Bad look for him. He should've played better. But we're going to focus on one bad play over the thousands of good ones he had? Come on, do better.

NEXT!

2. Banned
    Football ownership is a results driven business. If someone isn't producing (wins), they can't stick around for long. Nothing to do with race at all, it's all about the numbers and the money.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    Football ownership is a results driven business. If someone isn't producing (wins), they can't stick around for long. Nothing to do with race at all, it's all about the numbers and the money.
    I'm 100 percent with you there. So if we follow that thought logically, why haven't they cut him yet? Obviously they think he's still talented and useful to the team.

There's two arguments here. The first is: Should he be benched? That's what you and I are arguing now. The second argument is: Are fans being ungrateful and unfair to him? That's also what I'm arguing. Again, 12-4 seasons. Super bowl appearance. 15-1 season. MVP. Objectively he's the best quarterback the Carolina Panthers ever had. Yet some people can't wait to get rid of him. What other QB gets that treatment? Where's the love ya'll. Where is the motherf**** love.
    Last edited by th365thli; 09-22-2019 at 08:59 PM.

4. Banned
    I'm not arguing, we are debating. At least that's what my wife says.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    I'm not arguing, we are debating. At least that's what my wife says.

They stated earlier this week that 20 of 32 qbs that was to start this weekend was under the age of 26.. that’s a record in the nfl

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    LMAOOOOO sucked miserably since then?????

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...N/NewtCa00.htm

Here I made it easy for you. Now go read and educate yourself. Oh did you miss the part about 240 total tds and 108 interceptions? You looking like a fool here hahahahaha

No but seriously, put on some reading glasses and look at the facts. Then you'll realize who's delusional.
    Ok genius. Why cant he win games? Your love is getting in the way of reality.

I don’t see any more upside to cam. He can’t stay healthy and he has lost his last 8 games I think. He was a pretty good qb when healthy. He will be back this year and we will see how he does the rest of the year. If he doesn’t improve then I think it’s time to move on. He isn’t getting any younger and seems like his style of play is catching up to him.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako231 View Post
    Ok genius. Why cant he win games? Your love is getting in the way of reality.
    So far I've been throwing down stats and facts, and you've just been blowing smoke up my ass.

Do QBs win games by themselves? Is football played on offense and defense? Did the Panthers have a good defense last year? Did he go 6-2 last year before getting injured? Is he injured this year? Did he lead the Panthers to a 12-4, 15-1, and 11-5 season? Who was the best wide receiver he had besides Steve Smith? Is Ron River a a good coach? Was Mike Shula ass at being an offensive coordinator?
    If you had read ANYTHING I said in my previous posts, or if you try and answer those questions I just stated, you would get an answer. Instead, you're busy trying to look like an ass. Try having some nuance or critical thinking. Oh, by the way, Cam has 17 game winning drives, putting him in 14th place. Every QB ahead of him besides Dalton and Luck has played more years than him.

Do better my man, do better. I ain't a genius, but I sure look like one compared to you HAHA
    Last edited by th365thli; 09-22-2019 at 09:14 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    I don’t see any more upside to cam. He can’t stay healthy and he has lost his last 8 games I think. He was a pretty good qb when healthy. He will be back this year and we will see how he does the rest of the year. If he doesn’t improve then I think it’s time to move on. He isn’t getting any younger and seems like his style of play is catching up to him.
    I agree, but I'm more optimistic. I still see upside. Whatever happens I hope the front office makes the right decision.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    So far I've been throwing down stats and facts, and you've just been blowing smoke up my ass.

Do QBs win games by themselves? Is football played on offense and defense? Did the Panthers have a good defense last year? Did he go 6-2 last year before getting injured? Is he injured this year? Did he lead the Panthers to a 12-4, 15-1, and 11-5 season? Who was the best wide receiver he had besides Steve Smith? Is Ron River a a good coach? Was Mike Shula ass at being an offensive coordinator?
    If you had read ANYTHING I said in my previous posts, or if you try and answer those questions I just stated, you would get an answer. Instead, you're busy trying to look like an ass. Try having some nuance or critical thinking. Oh, by the way, Cam has 17 game winning drives, putting him in 14th place. Every QB ahead of him besides Dalton and Luck has played more years than him.

Do better my man, do better. I ain't a genius, but I sure look like one compared to you HAHA
    First I was a racist, now an ass. Which is it?

12. Member
    Pretty sure Newton is about to be a free agent and the going rate for a starting QB is 30-35 million..if you think Cam is worth that good luck...Cam is an average QB at best...

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    Pretty sure Newton is about to be a free agent and the going rate for a starting QB is 30-35 million..if you think Cam is worth that good luck...Cam is an average QB at best...
    Nah, I never argued he was worth that. My argument is we don't know, he's still injured, and we should give him a chance. Average QB at best? Ohh boy, I guess you didn't read any of the facts above either. Is 240 tds and 108 interceptions average? His "best" was an NFL MVP. I don't think that's average? Did we all just lose rational thought and common sense?

Sigh.......NEXT!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako231 View Post
    First I was a racist, now an ass. Which is it?
    Why not both?

Seriously though, I don't think I ever called you specifically a racist. As far as being an ass, sports makes everyone an ass, including me. But unless you got some arguments for me, let's just say I won that debate.

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    I thought this may be an old SBC question, especially with the ‘racist’ card (old racers would probably realize the answer was usually ‘Yes; 1-3 lobes are probably toast’) being played...

Never mind... carry on.
    Who controls John Gill?

16. Member
    2018–24 tds—13 ints
    2017 22td 16 ints
    2016 19td 14 ints

but glad ya ll got an elite qb...next

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    2018–24 tds—13 ints
    2017 22td 16 ints
    2016 19td 14 ints

but glad ya ll got an elite qb...next
    Alrite, I see you didn't answer any of my points but moved on. Those are just passing touchdowns my friend. Didya uh....take into account the rushing touchdowns? Cuz if you did, then it's 28-16, 24-14. Now, that's not elite, but it's pretty good. And I never said he was elite, now you're just putting words in my mouth.

What else you got?

18. Member
    If he is a free agent in 2021 we will see how valuable the teams in the NFL think he is.

19. Member
    Cam was always a dual threat QB. A great one too but once he quit running he became average at best. Then he hurt his shoulder. I think he may just pull a A Luck and walk away.
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

20. Member
    Hmmm Im a Panthers fan and Ill weigh in what was Cams record in the last 8 games he started? How many passing tds in his last 4 games? I dont dislike Cam but when Carolina stopped him from running they killed his game. NFL is a result oriented society and last season after we start was it 6-2 or maybe 6-3 and then we tanked and didnt even sniff the playoffs that aint getting it done, Idk of any NFL franchise who will keep playing a guy who has not won a game in half a season of starts?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast