New Alive units will not access internet(?)

Brand new boat with two Live units......Internal settings are set to “on” to allow internet access. Yet no joy. Keep getting message of problem with password or hot spot. Router signal is strong. Password is correct. Any ideas? Thank you!
    Last edited by flyingwillie; 09-23-2019 at 06:34 AM.

2. Member
    I guess you mean HDS Live. Update the software and do a hard reset, the original software had numerous bugs. Including WIFI-issues.

3. Member
    Thank you. Both units have the latest 19.1 update. Reset completed but still no joy.

4. Member
    Being in the IT field I have seen this many times, this could simply be related to your Router and Encryption settings. Try creating a hotspot from your phone if possible and connecting to that, this will be the most simple test.
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro88 View Post
    Being in the IT field I have seen this many times, this could simply be related to your Router and Encryption settings. Try creating a hotspot from your phone if possible and connecting to that, this will be the most simple test.
    Nitro, thanks.....tried that already with no success. All of our phones, tablets and smart TVs (5) are using this internet and password. So it seems it has to be something with the 2 Live units. Frustrating.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    Nitro, thanks.....tried that already with no success. All of our phones, tablets and smart TVs (5) are using this internet and password. So it seems it has to be something with the 2 Live units. Frustrating.
    My Live units had an issue and I just had to change the encryption key on my router and it works perfectly. I also did the WIFI Hotspot to my phone and this verified that the issue was with my router and not the Live Units.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    My Live units had an issue and I just had to change the encryption key on my router and it works perfectly. I also did the WIFI Hotspot to my phone and this verified that the issue was with my router and not the Live Units.

PM sent

8. Member
    Both units now connected to the internet! Thanks everyone!