Thread: Joe Maddon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Joe Maddon

Cubs fans....

Does he get a new contract? Or is he gone if they fail to make the playoffs this year (which it looks like the way they are crumpling when it counts)?

2. Member
    lol...He's been /w the cubs for 4 years prior to this one...3 playoffs appearances and 1 WC game... 2 NLCS appearances and 1 WS title. ...I think he's fine....

3. Member
    HE GONE!!

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

4. Member
    I am on the fence with it... I love Joe. I do! His style of coaching is different. I don't know what else to say... I was PISSED yesterday at Kimbrel... What a great game and then, it happened... Looking back, his two homerun pitches were not generally homerun pitches.. However, he has given up WAY too many homeruns and needs gone. I don't know. I personally don't blame Maddon for much of anything this year, other than maybe moving too many guys around too much... But, when you look at the guys they have its hard not to. I love David Bote, Ian Happ and the like. Its great to have utitliy players but at the end of the day, there is only 9 spots on the field.

5. Scraps
    No. Because he's being hired here in Philly.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Member
    I personally can't blame Maddon for their record... They haven't been the same small ball Cubs this year. They either lose by a shut out or win by 10 runs the second half of the season... Its flat out been a weird year. The starting pitching sucked at the start of the year and the bullpen wasn't bad. And then everything seemed to switch. The starters (for the most part) turned the corner and started to shine but the bull pen has fallen apart.

7. Member
    Cubs are tenth in hitting and seventh in pitching. Statistically speaking, fielding is their problem. None of which is Maddon's fault. I wouldn't be surprised if he left. Rumor has it that David Ross is replacing Maddon, but, again, just a rumor. Like Joe, David will have the dudes on the roster that Theo and Jed want. Side note: Kimbrel has a 3 year, 45 million-dollar contract so get used to some years of blown saves.

8. Member
    Maddon is a great manager, but terrible at managing pitching. I like him, but I don't think he will be back next year. He seems to believe that he will be there next year, but Girardi wants the job awfully bad. I'm not sure what Theo will have in mind. They will have a long discussion at the end of the season.

9. Member
    Maybe if they miss playoffs wont have to watch them about every other night on MLB or Espn ---Man those networks have a man crush on the cubs .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

10. Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar
    He is playing the team Epstein gave him. Think of some of the free agent signings. Morrow. Kimbrel. Chat wood. Joe didn't sign them.
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

Girardi has been sitting and waiting for the spot to open. Wouldn't surprise me if they made the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    Maybe if they miss playoffs wont have to watch them about every other night on MLB or Espn ---Man those networks have a man crush on the cubs .
    Hate when they are on ESPN. Get tired of ARod. Although for many many years every time they were on ESPN it was so the talking heads could just trash on em the whole game so it's a definite change.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    Girardi has been sitting and waiting for the spot to open. Wouldn't surprise me if they made the switch.
    Girardi isn't the answer...if he was, he would have been hired before Maddon. 50/50 on Joe leaving. Most of the issues are not his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G. View Post
    Girardi isn't the answer...if he was, he would have been hired before Maddon. 50/50 on Joe leaving. Most of the issues are not his fault.
    Far as I know he was still with the Yankees at the time. And he was looking for a job and the Maddon talk started and he suddenly pulled out of consideration for all open jobs so idk. I like Ross as a player and leader among the players but don’t see him ready for prime time yet. Hell they ran Sandberg through the ringer in their farm system before even considering it and never did give him a shot.

15. Member
    Lots of talk around here about Ross or Loretta replacing him. Joe will quickly find a new home thou.

16. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Long Time Cub fan till 2000-2005(super bad teams- Tribune didn't care- they had Super station and Wrigley). I still root root for them but they are a Disaster, No leaders(Rizzo- come on), No Energy No small ball,Take the starting pitcher out in the 6th inning after he gave up 2 hits & Lose x 4? .. They have gone into the playoffs the last few years on a Water Slide. Brewers & Cardinals are Much more deserving to win a few games in the Playoffs. Maddon GONE- Far Far away.. Maybe >The Alaskan Penquins..
    Last edited by Basscaster; 09-22-2019 at 05:23 PM.

17. Member
    Kimbrel hasn't done the Cubbies much good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Kimbrel hasn't done the Cubbies much good this year.
    Yep no doubt he hasn’t been any good. I was really upset the Twins weren’t more aggressive with a contract for Kimbrel. I was wrong.

19. Banned
    Joe will be back. Girardi is too much of a control freak.

20. robdy72
    He will be back. Who are they going to get that's any better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast