Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I had a bag of douche come blasting into the creek arm I was in this morning at 5:30. Had his console screen on so bright he was lit up like a neon sign. So he comes off plane about 80 yards away and goes into wake smasher mode headed straight at me. About 20 yards from me I’m starting to think a 9mm discharge is in order. I yell Hey Azz Hat! And the guy damn near jumped out of the boat. He said “I had no idea you were there I was focused on my GPS to fish these docks”. I told him not to bother I’d been there since 0400 and the fish no longer have lips and turn your fricken screen brightness down I saw you like Chernobyl coming in here you are obviously night blinded. Stupid jack wagon.

2. Scraps
    Some guys seem to think it's different if it's announced that they're fishing a tourney......or "for money." I think social media has sort of glamorized this kinda behavior. Like it's acceptable and the way to handle situations.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    I had a guy to the same thing to me while I was fishing the end of a short pier this spring. He drove right up to the end of the pier and was moving in to make a cast. He said "I would like to have this pier to myself. I'm fishing a club tourney today for money." I responded back, " I'm fishing today for my sanity". He wasn't amused and just stood their with his hands on his hips. I caught two keeper size fish off the pier and moved on.
    And we have threads about property owners hollering about fishing “Their Piers”. LOL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    Agreed. I get that every week with my backhanded comments to dumb drivers. They will yell at me at every stop and I calmly say something.. It"s hard driving on a Busy street. You should practice early in the morning or on a weekday...Its hard seeing someone when your changing lanes because you are so short... Any stupid silly thing I say just gets them madder.
    NICE!!!!!
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    This is the reason most people have a low opinion of tournament anglers.
    J D
    Haha this is quite true. My in laws have a place on the upper Mississippi and they like to crack jokes about the tournament fishermen up there and how they drive. Knowing full well that I am a bass junkie. While they are right that a lot of the bass guys drive around like idiots up there I do remind them that many of the pleasure boaters also drive like dummies

6. Member
    Should of ran over the tree with the big motor . Problem solved

If a tournament guy idles in and asks nicely I will usually give him the spot. If a tournament boat is in the same area, I usually try to stay out of their way. Come in like a jackass I am not going to give you chit.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

Guy rolls up on me and says he’s fishing a tournament, for money no less, I usually respond by telling them I’m fishing for gas money, and love. As in my wife won’t give me any more of either unless I bring home some fish to fillet, and eat.
    I’ve never been sure whether me fishing “their” spot, or me saying “I’m taking them home to fillet” is what pisses them off.
    Don't be an ass, and I’ll likely move along. Be an ass, and I’ll be glad to camp out on a spot. It’s bass fishing. On a public lake.
    Get over yourself.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

9. Member
    I really believe it is all about egos and money. Most guys are pretty courteous. But inject something of value in a tournament situation and just a few people loose their common sense and morals.

My story. I just started fishing again in 2018 after surgery. I needed to stay in calm water because of my incision. So I am fishing a run of docks when this boat comes blasting in and pulls up to the same dock I was fishing. I raise both arms up in the air and the guy asks me if I was fishing a tournament. I said no, so he goes on to tell me that he was and he needed the points and was in line to cash a check so it was real important for him to fish the line of docks I was on. He then goes on to tell me if I was fishing a tournament, he would leave.

Now I was in no shape to start anything so I leave and decide to call it a day. I run back to the ramp at Long Point and I drop my wife off to get the trailer. There was another boat there (his buddy needed the bathroom) and he asked how I did. I told him about the incident. He asks me what kind of boat it was. I tell him. He starts laughing and says that was Tim. He said he would do almost anything for money. No I am sorry, he just laughed. Just laughed.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

10. Member
    Did either of you yell “Claimed!”?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Guys like that give the game a bad name.
    Yes and what a lot of the poster think is we club guys are all like this which is way wrong. Most if not all our guys are down to earth guys who would do anything for a stranger .

12. Member
    Maybe we all need to start yelling DIBS when some jackwagon runs up on your spot, 'cause you know DIBS wins!

If he was wearing his official Jersey need he gets any spots he what’s

Be kind to then they may be fishing with rent money.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerPro16 View Post
    If a guy is fishing a tournament on my local lake, or a charter for that matter, if they are polite I will let them have it. Be a dick and that will change. Powering up to me is a quick way to becoming a dick in a hurry.
    Yep!
    Sam

2022 Falcon F20 TE Hybrid - 250 Mercury Pro XS
    Not a pro - barely an average Joe!

i'm fishing for thousands of dollars,

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    I had a bag of douche come blasting into the creek arm I was in this morning at 5:30. Had his console screen on so bright he was lit up like a neon sign. So he comes off plane about 80 yards away and goes into wake smasher mode headed straight at me. About 20 yards from me I’m starting to think a 9mm discharge is in order. I yell Hey Azz Hat! And the guy damn near jumped out of the boat. He said “I had no idea you were there I was focused on my GPS to fish these docks”. I told him not to bother I’d been there since 0400 and the fish no longer have lips and turn your fricken screen brightness down I saw you like Chernobyl coming in here you are obviously night blinded. Stupid jack wagon.
    You should write novels.

18. Banned
    should have ask him for his autograph...

19. Member
    There was a time when fun fishing I would ease down the bank till I got to the sweet spot but I have had what happened to you too many times. Now I fish the high percentage cover and work my way out.

Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    should have ask him for his autograph...
    I’m so going to keep a pad and pen in my boat for the next time a “semi-Pro” rolls up on me. Just troll right over to his boat and tie off, ask for an autograph, and start pressing him for fishing tips. Maybe a few waypoints. Great idea coachallen.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast