Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going to Key West mid October.

Will be flying into Miami renting car driving rest of the way spending 5 days just want to tiptoe down stay in a place or 2 getting down to Key West suggestions on what to do and where to stay. THANKS

2. Member
    Dry Tortugas national park tour is a must, it’s the best thing we do when we go and we’ve been 5 times and do it everytime

3. Member
    Will try that. Thanks

4. dartag1829
    Don't be shocked at anything you see. Because you are likely to see worse. The guy that walks around in the Lime Green Banana Hammock with the Pink Poodle is actually a nice guy. He gave us 2 restaurant recommendations that were great.

5. Member
    Key Largo fisheries backyard cafe has great seafood you sit right on the water where the boats come in.
    Florida keys brewing company in islamorada great little island brewery
    Check out Morada Bay on Islamorada you sit right on the beach at the waters edge. Beautiful sunsets and great little vibe.
    John pennekamp state park is really fun to walk around lots of marine life and neat little beach and walkways.

Have fun great time of year to be there not alot of tourists mostly locals. I havent made it to key west yet I like key largo and islamorada so much

We go every year for the last few... it’s not real crazy anymore I guess unless your Amish or something

If you want to swim and chill out go to fort Zachary Taylor .. IMHO it’s the best beach in all of the keys .. 7 bucks a car load I believe

Hmm...Isn’t mid-Oct Fantasy Fest?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Fantasy Fest is late October, I got married at the Pier House in Key West on October 19th and it hadn't started yet but it was beginning cause I seen a lot of naked people that weekend and left to Aruba before it got crazy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Eat fish tacos every damn day. Lunch and dinner if you can. I’ve only been once and everywhere I went they were the best I ever had. Beyond that, hit Duval St and place like Hog’s Breath. It’s not a big place, i rode around it on a bike in just a couple hours. We stayed at a B&B and rented some bicycles and never drove until it was time to head back to Miami. I recommend that approach. It was fun regardless of what my wife says of my drinken bike skills. ;)
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking :)

Quote Originally Posted by cbburke74 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking :)
    A lot of you guys think of what gay people are doing a lot lol

They are actually begging gay people to come back to the Keys ... most left for areas less storm prone .. chamber of commerce actually had signs up in empty store fronts trying to get them to come back

12. Member
    We go to Hawks Cay every year after Christmas. It’s on Duck Key. We like it a lot. Good food and good fishing.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    A lot of you guys think of what gay people are doing a lot lol

They are actually begging gay people to come back to the Keys ... most left for areas less storm prone .. chamber of commerce actually had signs up in empty store fronts trying to get them to come back
    The videos I've seen don't feature gay folks! Just
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Hope a cruise ship come in, the circus acts all come out to the pier......interesting....

15. Member
    Geiger key marina, Garbos, and Hurricane Hole good fish tacos. We always drink at Irish Kevins but there are other good bars too. I have family stationed down there I always fly in to Ft. Lauderdale and rent a car its a nice drive in a Camaro SS.
    1993 Gambler 206

16. Member
    Key deer are fun to go see on Big Pine. You can just drive in the neighborhood back in there and see them. The Bucktooth Rooster has a crazy big menu. On the way down MILE MARKER 77.5 a lot people love to stop and feed the tarpon at Robbie's. Like was said https://pennekamppark.com/ if the seas are calm and you like to snorkle. The boat trip out of there is awesome. 60-80 foot visibility at times. If You do not like to get in the water they have a glass bottom boat tour.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

17. Banned
    We a week here last January and I'd highly recommend it.

http://www.bayharborkeylargo.com/

18. Member
    Book a sunset dinner at Lattitudes, need to take a ferry over but it is really worth it. Also breakfast at Blue Heaven is a must for us every time we go. We have enjoyed staying at the Marker resort. its $$ (Keep in mind the resort fees and parking fees) but conveniently located and they have always treated us well. Dry tortugas is a great place to visit and snorkel but watch the weather, if its been windy the snorkeling isnt good because visibility is poor Feel free to Pm me if you have questions we have been a bunch of times.

19. Member
    just eat at the mom/pop restaurants that are locally owned

some of my faves in order of your drive to keywest

alabama jacks(key largo)
    Robbies (islamorado) cool place
    the island fish company(marathon) easy to find
    burdines(best cheesburger and fries)..Marathon 15th street
    No name pub big pine key
    Blue heaven in key west.. great food neat area.

resorts several good ones on the way down.. pricey ones have the best stuff and views.. Islamorada has some swanky ones...cheecha lodge hear is nice

Marathon has Tranquility bay resort.. pricey maybe but nice and GREAT restaurant.

DIVE SLOW on hwy 1..

just google the names of the restaurants and resorts.. have fun

I have a place on Key Colony Beach...been going to all the islands for years...

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonray View Post
    just eat at the mom/pop restaurants that are locally owned

some of my faves in order of your drive to keywest

alabama jacks(key largo)
    Robbies (islamorado) cool place
    the island fish company(marathon) easy to find
    burdines(best cheesburger and fries)..Marathon 15th street
    No name pub big pine key
    Blue heaven in key west.. great food neat area.

resorts several good ones on the way down.. pricey ones have the best stuff and views.. Islamorada has some swanky ones...cheecha lodge hear is nice

Marathon has Tranquility bay resort.. pricey maybe but nice and GREAT restaurant.

DIVE SLOW on hwy 1..

just google the names of the restaurants and resorts.. have fun

I have a place on Key Colony Beach...been going to all the islands for years...
    I second Blue Heaven. Loreli on Islamorado also

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast