XM 9 20 MSI T MEGA Transom Mount vs. Humminbird XTM 9 20 MSI Mega Trolling Motor

Does anyone know what if any actual difference there is between the Humminbird XM 9 20 MSI T MEGA Transom Mount Transducer and the Humminbird XTM 9 20 MSI T MEGA Transducer? I understand that the mounts for both will be different (one for the transom and the other for under a trolling motor, but the actual transducer itself from all I can tell seems to be exactly the same? Am I incorrect in this thought?

Thanks,

Nate

2. Member
    You are correct,,,,no difference

Yup same.

4. Member
    I may be wrong but I thought the trolling motor version was made with extra shielding to help reduce any possible interference from mounting it on the trolling motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I may be wrong but I thought the trolling motor version was made with extra shielding to help reduce any possible interference from mounting it on the trolling motor.
    No, not for that transducer model.

The Compact SI transducer has a trolling motor puck version that has the extra internal shielding.

The pre-MEGA DI transducers have a trolling motor puck version that has the extra internal shielding.
    The MEGA DI transducer for the Helix 7 and 8 also has a trolling motor puck version that has the extra internal shielding.

The HDSI transducer can be used at either location, just the XTM model has a 5' shorter cable and comes with a trolling motor mount.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Thanks Wayne!