Thread: Nissan Frontier

Nissan Frontier

Does anyone in here tow with a frontier? The engine started knocking in my jeep and I can't decide if I want to fix it or just buy a truck. All I have is 16ft aluminum Xpress so weight is not a problem. I was just curious if it tows good and how the reliability has been.

2. Member
    It will tow that without a problem. I towed a 17’6” glass boat with mine for several years.

3. Member
    I had a 2003 with 3.3 V6 and automatic and towed my Stratos 285 ProXL without issues.

4. Member
    I towed my 21XDC/300XS Bullet with mine several times as far off as 200 miles. No problems with my 2005 Frontier Nismo two wheel drive towing it. Pulling it out of the water could present a little problem if on a steep ramp due to lack of weight in the pickup bed. It stops well when brakes are applied and handles well at interstate speeds.

5. Member
    Thanks for information guys. I have been looking hard at them.

6. Member
    I have an '18, 4*4, crew cab, short bed, sv, value truck package. Love it. Towed a buddies 20' ranger with it. No problems.
    Pulled my g3 1756 like it wasn't there.
    Look at clubfrontier.org . Lots of helpful people their.

I don’t know the specific truck you are looking at but I have owned 7 Nissans and the only issue any of them had was the old truck I had in college. And I caused that by using it to haul a huge trailer in a parade and fried the clutch. Totally my doing. So, in my experience they make a very high quality product. My MIL still drives my 04 Xterra that has to have close to 200k miles on it by now.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

8. Member
    Thanks for the info man. I have not really decided but I am looking at frontiers. Right now I am pulling my boat with a 1989 mazda b2600 that truck refuses to die haha.