Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ed’s marine? Really seems like the thousands of complaints from there.
    Mike Wright '07 Ranger 520vx
    Henrico Va./Henrico NC.

2. Member
    Businesses have become so single transactionally minded that they have lost sight of the customer. You would think in the social media world we live in that businesses would be even more focused on the service and PR side of every interaction and use it to their benefit, but most haven't. I have been in sales my entire 30 year career and I just don't get it, but I am happy about it - makes my job much easier.

3. Member
    If that's the deed. mentioned, I'm not surprised. People have bought boats from them in the past strictly because of price. The bass boat crowd got wide to them years ago. They can no longer sell bass boats in this region because of their poor reputation. But hey, you got it cheap.

4. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    SMH... Aren't Boat Buckle ratchet straps the standard on high end bass boat trailers?

But, I guess not:

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/1e694...30d133d41e.pdf
    Last edited by CDN Bass; 09-22-2019 at 09:18 AM.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

Sounds like an ex-Ranger dealer from northern Illinois. Lesson learned.

6. Banned
    Just curious, but does this dealer also sell Vexus?

7. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    It sounds like the dealer is not top notch. Hopefully Falcon can help you, if the dealer won't.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

8. Member
    Eds marine is notorious for bad things. I would check the year of your motor. I know someone that bought a current year boat and they mounted a 2 year old New in box motor. I would stay clear of them.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Sounds like an ex-Ranger dealer from northern Illinois. Lesson learned.
    Hopefully Loves Park Motorsports does better. They have been good dealing with my Ranger warranty items on my new boat, so far.

10. Member
    Would that be Palmetto Marine & RV?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txsunfish View Post
    Would that be Palmetto Marine & RV?
    Ding ding, we have a winner.

I was busy waxing the boat today, as I was concerned they left it outside uncovered for too long. Yes, the dealer was Palmetto Marine and RV, about 4 and half hours away from me. They were nice to talk to, but completely inept in anything boat related. I'm hoping to get a response from them on Monday. They mostly deal in RVs, but they do sell boats, especially center console boats. The main offender was their "bass boat guy" who didn't really seem like he cared or knew what he was doing. Any questions I had, he didn't really give a good answer. Was pretty infuriating now that I think back on it. Maybe buying RVs from them is a better experience, and Curt (the owner) didn't seem knowledgeable about boats. When I found the boat cover in the rear compartment after they said there wasn't one, he said "I knew this one had a cover". Really bro? You knew, and you didn't even bother checking the compartments? It's not like it was hidden away in your parts shelves.

I would not recommend them as long as their "bass boat guy" is there. He wasn't unpleasant to talk to per se, but he gave off the air that he couldn't be bothered.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Businesses have become so single transactionally minded that they have lost sight of the customer. You would think in the social media world we live in that businesses would be even more focused on the service and PR side of every interaction and use it to their benefit, but most haven't. I have been in sales my entire 30 year career and I just don't get it, but I am happy about it - makes my job much easier.
    The flip side of that coin is the internet and its pressure on price has pushed profits so low that its tough to give a customer the level of service they demand based on the price they paid.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    The flip side of that coin is the internet and its pressure on price has pushed profits so low that its tough to give a customer the level of service they demand based on the price they paid.
    That may be true for some things, but last I checked you can't buy a new boat or car completely online. You still gotta go to the dealer. And I would argue that the internet actually helps dealerships. If it weren't for the internet, I wouldn't have found this boat and drove 4.5 hours to get it. Clearly the internet helped them out, seeing they had issues selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post

Having the brand new boat clean, with a quick once over, tires aired up and correct battery is a pretty basic level of service.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Having the brand new boat clean, with a quick once over, tires aired up and correct battery is a pretty basic level of service.
    Oh I agree, just talking about business in general and pressure on profit margins.

16. Member
    Sorry about your bad experience. I think I mentioned they showed me the same boat. I also noticed the rough gel coat finish. My big question to him was... why would you put a single axle under a 19'6" boat with a 200 hp motor. I think I was talking to the same fella as you. He said they make these boats allot lighter now. I have just been there the 1 time and quoted 5g higher to have same motor , controls, and installation than the dealership repowering my boat. I was hoping your experience would be better than my 1 time visit. Hope everything goes better for you.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohio View Post
    Sorry about your bad experience. I think I mentioned they showed me the same boat. I also noticed the rough gel coat finish. My big question to him was... why would you put a single axle under a 19'6" boat with a 200 hp motor. I think I was talking to the same fella as you. He said they make these boats allot lighter now. I have just been there the 1 time and quoted 5g higher to have same motor , controls, and installation than the dealership repowering my boat. I was hoping your experience would be better than my 1 time visit. Hope everything goes better for you.
    Funnily enough, the gel coat looked okay. Not great, had some miniscule chips, but it still had it's shine. Yeah, the single axle trailer is strange, but that's Falcon decision *shrug*

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    Funnily enough, the gel coat looked okay. Not great, had some miniscule chips, but it still had it's shine. Yeah, the single axle trailer is strange, but that's Falcon decision *shrug*
    Actually, it's the dealers decision. The dealer orders their inventory how they want them specced. My local Falcon dealer only orders dual axle trailers for their 195's, and all the trailers they order have the stainless fenders. Not because they look better, but because the stainless fenders are bolted on versus welded for the painted fenders. Makes replacing them much easier should one get dickered up.

Some dealers just don't give a chit, and/or they get in to a market they know nothing about and ignorance takes over.

19. Member
    everything comes at a price this particular boat was a price point boat they come with single axle trailers when a boat that has set outside an has weathering on it you dont have to buy it if its not what you want move on to the next deal.

20. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Dont feel bad about complaining.....when i bought my first skeeter off the lot from my local dealer (in town) they were pretty lazy also and didnt do anything BUT put a batteries in the boat. it was filthy, dirty, several things did not work on the boat which tells me that they didnt check it out. The other complaint i had was i found a litter of dead kittens under the deck along with cat shit in the rod locker.

If you think its worth the drive back to the dealer, make the list and hold their feet to the fire!!! You paid a "rigging" fee and expect for everything to be top notch....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast