Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

819 hydraulic jack plate or manual

I have a manual jack plate on my 819 and considering having
    a hydraulic jack plate put on it. I’m interested in some feedback if anyone has one on a 819 or 919
    if they think it’s worth the money.

2. Member
    I think the question is what are you looking for ? Speed....shallow water....need more information, what are you running, your speed, prop, motor, etc...I feel it’s unfair to post without the facts, if offended, should reread your post and the lack of facts. Please give more details and you will give better recommendations,

3. Member
    Not for use in shallow water in Missouri. Wanting it for higher speed without chine
    and the ability to lower it for rough water, don’t know why my prop and motor and current speed would be a factor, but max
    speed so for was 71 and it was a handful to control, 24 pitch fury prop with p2p at 3.25.. I’m running a 200 pro xs 2 stroke.
    Mainly wanting to know if people that have the same boat
    use the hydraulic jack plate that much or wants they get them set if they leave them at that setting.its going to be @$2500 upgrade just curious if others have them if they use them and benefit from having one to justify that cost.

4. Scraps
    I have the hydraulic. I fish a lot of shallow water. It's not necessarily going to help with the chinewalk. This is my third season with this boat and I just clicked 60hrs on the boat and still haven't mastered the chinewalk. Everyone sez they eventually "get it" I just don't drive around that fast I guess. That said, I'm constantly messing with it while running. So I use it a lot. If I didn't have it I just wouldn't. Your speed sound about right so that $2500 is only going to get you very incremental increases in speed. For you the rough water ride may be the better benefit. I've spent some busy Saturdays out on the Upper Chesapeake running all around with mine and I can't remember my prop coming out of the water ever. I know it has a lot to do with this soft riding hull, but the same day with my old Ranger would have been a lot different.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    It does help chine walk. Your boat will not chine walk when the motor is at a certain height. For my boat on the atlas gauge it is 17. There is no way you can take off that high without prop blowing out at break over. Get the hydraulic it is well worth the money if you want to always have the motor set at the right height for conditions.

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Myself, I would not have a boat with out one, I change props constantly and need different setups for each prop, its also handy to adjust for weight difference when you have a co angler, Im also running a 919 at a lot higher speeds where those small adjustments make more of a difference.
    As for a 819 running 71 I would have to question rather or not to spend $2500, Yes if I were installing it myself at the cost of $1500 which I have done a few atlas's for that including a 819. but with a Atlas 71 is about it, I have seen 73 on a cool day with the boat striped down and no gas running a 25 Tempest and me at 165lb but on most days no mater what the setup 69 to 71 is dialed in for that boat and if its not wanting to chine just a little with out some driver input at 71 its not setup to its peak performance.
    Id probably still have one id I had a 819 but not at that cost.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Member
    I need that $2500 to upgrade electronics.
    2019 Phoenix 819 ProXP
    200 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS

8. Member
    you can buy hydro plates for $800, look it up.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I keep saving $$ for a hydro plate but find myself spending the money on electronics......

If i can save the money, i'll get a Bob's plate put on.

$2500 for a plate/installation??? That sounds pretty high to me....like said, you can buy one for around $1000 (depends on brand) and have installed for $300 (depends on shop).....give or take $1300.....i'd shop around and also, ask the shop if you buy the plate and just pay them to install.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

10. Member
    Plate was $1299, black 10” atlas at wholesale marine
    gauge kit was $250
    blinker switch for steering wheel $75
    hole shot plate was $50
    shop to install was @ 4 hrs labor @$90 hr
    total for parts and labor was @ $2100 plus tax
    had won shop in Missouri quote me $3600 for everything( they are not getting my business)

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Ok, i overlooked all the extras.....

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benz819 View Post
    Not for use in shallow water in Missouri. Wanting it for higher speed without chine
    and the ability to lower it for rough water, don’t know why my prop and motor and current speed would be a factor, but max
    speed so for was 71 and it was a handful to control, 24 pitch fury prop with p2p at 3.25.. I’m running a 200 pro xs 2 stroke.
    Mainly wanting to know if people that have the same boat
    I have the same boat, '18 819 w/ 200 Pro XS 2 stroke. I run 71 loaded with just me, 70 with a passenger - 24p fury. My p2p is 3-1/16". Have some walk but seat time has fixed that.

I'm also in MO fwiw..

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Have you checked with a few of the board sponsors on prices???

I know Brian @ BBG Marine sells Atlas plates and also Rich @ Hydrilla Gear........

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=963662

14. Member
    Yes I Have

15. Member
    Friend of mine has black atlas on his new boat. At 80 hrs now it has a white haze film on it that dosent come off. I talked him in to getting the black but if thats how they are i would rather have all aluminum

16. Member
    I have a 920,with 250 mercury and went with a 12 inch jack plate and the chime is gone. You could try some 2 inch spacers

17. Member
    Go with Bob’s. After a little research on here, you’ll see why.
    Rich at hydrilla gear gave me the best price I could find. Shipped it directly to dealer and they installed. I feel you can get it done for less than you stated. Prices may have increased though.

For me it is worth it. To get shallow idling, running shallow on pad, lower in rough water, control chime and get most speed. I won’t have a boat without it.

18. Member
    My z lock plate hass 2 season on it, polished it twice so for and needs it again, don’t like the dull aluminum look. That’s why I was going to try the black

19. Scraps
    Anyway you slice it adding the plate is a good investment. Comes time to trade or sell most like having a hydro plate.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benz819 View Post
    My z lock plate hass 2 season on it, polished it twice so for and needs it again, don’t like the dull aluminum look. That’s why I was going to try the black
    Bob’s can be powder coated. First to do it I believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast