Good reel for frogging

I’m looking for suggestions for a good frogging reel. I’m only looking at Shimano or Daiwa. I want something that has good casting distance, a solid drag, and enough line capacity that I don’t have to worry about getting close to spooling it on a long cast with 50 pound braid. Right now I’m leaning towards a Bantam MGL but would love to hear if that would be a god choice or if I should go a different direction.

2. Banned
    My 14Scorpion and Citica200E are better casters than my Bantam MGL. Find an 200i series Shimano to Chuck frogs.

3. Member
    I’m running a Curado K and have been pleased thus far. I know others are running the Curado dc and like that even better.

Nothing wrong with the Bantam , Steez A would be solid also..digitaka or japan lure shop will sell them cheaper than what you can get them for in the states.

5. Member
    I thought about the Curado DC since I have a couple of them, but the drag seems a bit light on the ones I have. Even locked down the drag doesn’t seem very strong.

6. Member
    What ever reel you chose get it in a high speed model. It makes it easier to get their heads up and moving toward you when frogging in the thick stuff.

7. Member
    Tatula 100 is a solid frog reel.
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

Curado DC or Tatula SV have been my choice over the last two seasons. They have been great for me.

9. Member
    I think i'm replacing the reels on my frog rods this winter with the Daiwa Coastal TWS reel. The specs on that look exactly like what I want.

10. Member
    Decided to use my Tatula SV TWS. I'm going to get a new 8:1 gear set for my Steez reel and transfer it over to my pitching rod and take the Tatula SV TWS off the pitching rod and use that as my frogging reel...at least that's the plan for now. I may wind up going a different direction by the time frogging season rolls back around next year. Thanks for the suggestions!

11. Member
    the tatula 150 or 200 is my vote. The 100 is a little light IMO for heavy frogging.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick D View Post
    Tatula 100 is a solid frog reel.
    I've also been frogging all year with a Tatula 100 and its been awesome.

You definitely don't need a steez or a bantam to Chuck a frog.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing