Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbreaux View Post
    Starting at $76k
    Thanks

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

I got to see a VX20 today while visiting Rock Outdoors Open House.. This thing was decked out and all I can say is WOW! What a beast.. it made me feel very small as it sat on the trailer and glad they have the front steps to climb in. in addition to that, I loved how the seats sit lower in the hull and have air cushion shocks.. boat had plenty of storage and awesome floor plan.. The twenty is a little much for me so I hope the 19’ or maybe the 18’ version comes out soon. Lastly, the lettering on the side and the hand rails fit IMO.. Well done Vexus..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

3. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CigarBasser View Post
    I got to see a VX20 today while visiting Rock Outdoors Open House.. This thing was decked out and all I can say is WOW! What a beast.. it made me feel very small as it sat on the trailer and glad they have the front steps to climb in. in addition to that, I loved how the seats sit lower in the hull and have air cushion shocks.. boat had plenty of storage and awesome floor plan.. The twenty is a little much for me so I hope the 19’ or maybe the 18’ version comes out soon. Lastly, the lettering on the side and the hand rails fit IMO.. Well done Vexus..

4. Member
    Best I have seen with my VX 21 with a Merc 250 ProXs 4 stroke is 66 mph with tournament load, 2 10' foot power poles, 1/2 tank of gas and just me in it. It just turned 10 hrs so I have not had time to really run it hard or to figure out the sweet spot for the jack plate or trim yet. I am guessing once I get it dialed in it will run 68 - 70 mph. Gets on plane really quick. As mentioned by others the ride is unbelievably good.

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My Lord those pics are surreal! That thing is a work of art, I’d be scared to fish out of it!

Id probably spend all my time cleaning it and just hanging out at gas stations
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

I was hoping that these boats would be truly innovative and change the game. But, I think its pretty clear they are just heavy slow boats. They know it and that's why they don't post the weight of the boat on there web site. As far as the great ride goes that's because of the suspension seats.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    I was hoping that these boats would be truly innovative and change the game. But, I think its pretty clear they are just heavy slow boats. They know it and that's why they don't post the weight of the boat on there web site. As far as the great ride goes that's because of the suspension seats.
    Going for the full on dumpster fire huh?

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    The hull weight is so top secret that it is listed right there on the title to the boat.
    All you have to do to know is a buy a boat and read the title

10. Banned
    You have to pass the bill to find out what's in the bill .... sorry I couldn't help it.

11. Member
    K-DAWG, I will tell you the 1980 rides great without suspension seats so I can with the upmost certainty tell you that the glass Vexus is going to be one of the best and if not the best in the market and of course suspension seats will help but with the help of a great design I am sure that also contributes more than a suspension seat.

12. Member
    thats like saying i have to buy a truck to see the hp and mpg

13. BBC SPONSOR
    K-dawg have you ridden in one?

14. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega_Micropterus View Post
    thats like saying i have to buy a truck to see the hp and mpg
    No - that's like asking how much a truck weighs before you buy it

you do realize that my original post was meant as humor? right ?

15. Member
    Innovations in the Vexus Series...Here are a few but certainly not all....

Forked Bow - more room at the pedestals for fishing
    ICU Livewell System - Better care of your fish
    Air Wave Pedestals - Adding to the ride and making it better
    Infused Construction - More environmentally friendly
    Cooler - Completely foam filled yeti like - with a dry tray for chips, sandwiches, etc
    Storage - Deeper and Larger
    Striker Plates - Protect your boats finish from lock damage
    Automotive Paint - Longer lasting and easier repairs
    Wiring - Heavier Gauge Tin Plated Copper Wiring
    Flooring - EVA Foam on cockpit and high traffic areas
    Hull - More Deadrise and Larger Strakes - better ride and planing

16. Banned
    Lol love the list....3 is likely the only innovation but one that will make me consider the brand

Quote Originally Posted by BBCJUNKIE View Post
    Innovations in the Vexus Series...Here are a few but certainly not all....

Forked Bow - more room at the pedestals for fishing
    ICU Livewell System - Better care of your fish
    Air Wave Pedestals - Adding to the ride and making it better
    Infused Construction - More environmentally friendly
    Cooler - Completely foam filled yeti like - with a dry tray for chips, sandwiches, etc
    Storage - Deeper and Larger
    Striker Plates - Protect your boats finish from lock damage
    Automotive Paint - Longer lasting and easier repairs
    Wiring - Heavier Gauge Tin Plated Copper Wiring
    Flooring - EVA Foam on cockpit and high traffic areas
    Hull - More Deadrise and Larger Strakes - better ride and planing
    And, the innovative livewell system that keep the fish from being bounced around on a rough ride.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

18. Member
    I like the vexus and hope to be looking at new bass rig ealry next spring. I will be looking at VX21 with 300 loaded and loaded Phoenix like my last boat.

I will say it's a little concerning they won't publish the weight, it makes it look like they are hiding something whether they are or not. That's makes a suspicious person look for other stuff they may be hiding. I will look hard at them now to see everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    I like the vexus and hope to be looking at new bass rig ealry next spring. I will be looking at VX21 with 300 loaded and loaded Phoenix like my last boat.

I will say it's a little concerning they won't publish the weight, it makes it look like they are hiding something whether they are or not. That's makes a suspicious person look for other stuff they may be hiding. I will look hard at them now to see everything.
    who gives a crap what it weighs?!!! They are big boats and they still perform well. The vx20 is basically 21’ and the vx21 is basically 22 feet but they still are fast and they are rough water beasts. Platform up front is gigantic, air ride seats are bad ass, and the live wells are awesome. I never bought a boat based on its published weight, because its meaningless if the boat does everything I want it to. Vexus built a very user friendly platform, with function being their number one asset
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cheath View Post
    Best I have seen with my VX 21 with a Merc 250 ProXs 4 stroke is 66 mph with tournament load, 2 10' foot power poles, 1/2 tank of gas and just me in it. It just turned 10 hrs so I have not had time to really run it hard or to figure out the sweet spot for the jack plate or trim yet. I am guessing once I get it dialed in it will run 68 - 70 mph. Gets on plane really quick. As mentioned by others the ride is unbelievably good.
    Part of the break in process is to run it WFO. You should have run it wide open several times by now.

It says for the first two hours to run it at various RPM's up to 4500 RPM and to run it WOT for 1 minute every 10 minutes. Then, up to 10 hours it just says not to run WOT for more than 5 minutes. After 10 hours it is ready for sustained WOT.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast