Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    From a Vexus customer with a Vexus VX21 with a mercury 250HP

https://www.facebook.com/kenmahpromo...4850944691090/

2. Member
    I just rode and drove in a vx21 with a 250 Yamaha the best I could get it to run with a 1/4 tank of gas was 65 and no tackle but I don’t care I’ve owned two rangers and there is absolutely no comparison to the ride and handling it is unreal!! The fish ability of this rig is as good or better than my 520c and my 520L. I ordered one yesterday with a 300 merc. So in 8 to 12 weeks I will let you know all about it. I have also seen guys talking about the paint. To be honest I am skeptical too but this will put it in perspective for everyone. Even if the paint blows off of it I won’t care because of the way this thing performed. I loved my 520c not so much my 520L. But both were good boats this one is just that much better.

3. Banned
    Clark whats the 21' multi-specie with 350 verado running?

4. Member
    Any body got one on Clarks Hill lake GA would like a ride. Glass or aluminum.
    1995 Skeeter 200ZX, 1998 Mercury 200 (OG724176)
    2015 Ram 3500 dually Cummins G56
    The Bible

5. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Clark whats the 21' multi-specie with 350 verado running?
    DVX20 is rated at 300HP, so we never ran one with ah 350HP -

DVX22 is rated at 400HP and will run mid to upper sixties with a that motor, guess is with a 350 subtract 5+ miles per hour .

6. Member
    From what I see the makers these boats are going mainly for Ranger boat buyers .Where top speed and price really is not a big issue.But quality, innovation ,comfort and durability are at the top of there list.From what I have seen it looks like Vexus is doing all of those things
    Last edited by GWK64; 12-17-2019 at 11:52 AM.

7. Member
    I did exactly that. I ran it wide open open for 1 minute intervals. I did not time it exactly but I did run it a various RPM's up to 4500 rpms and then wide open for short burts. Seems to take a little while to really get wound up and now that it is broke in I hold it open for as long as it takes to reach maximum speed which is 66 mph with a tournament load and 1/2 tank of gas. Playing with the trim and jack plate it seems to like both set in the mid range. Cruises really easy at 52 -55 mph and 4800-5200 rpm.

8. Banned
    Anyone know how much water these rigs draft?

9. Member
    Mine is broken in now, VX20 with a 250 Merc. The other day with 3/4 tank, full tournament load of tackle, but empty wells it hit 71 on the GPS and then started to walk. 25 years ago I might have tried to drive through that, but not anymore. Right now it is just factory/dealer set up. I will fool around with how it is loaded, likely try a 4 blade prop or move the manual jack plate around a bit. Frankly, 70 mph is enough for this guy.

I have had Rangers, Champions, etc.....this is best riding boat through the range that I have owned. Haven't had it in rough enough water to compare it to the old Champ, but feels like it will beat the Champ even in rough water. Fishability is over the top...could have a dance party on the front deck....if I could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by scgreg View Post
    Mine is broken in now, VX20 with a 250 Merc. The other day with 3/4 tank, full tournament load of tackle, but empty wells it hit 71 on the GPS and then started to walk. 25 years ago I might have tried to drive through that, but not anymore. Right now it is just factory/dealer set up. I will fool around with how it is loaded, likely try a 4 blade prop or move the manual jack plate around a bit. Frankly, 70 mph is enough for this guy.

I have had Rangers, Champions, etc.....this is best riding boat through the range that I have owned. Haven't had it in rough enough water to compare it to the old Champ, but feels like it will beat the Champ even in rough water. Fishability is over the top...could have a dance party on the front deck....if I could dance.
    Id be curious what raising the plate slightly would do. I guess it depends on where its at now, but generally a slight raise can sometimes help you with the chine if your not interested in driving through it. As long as the water pressure stays good
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

11. Member
    yes, going to do that next....lots of water pressure still (28 psi)

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scgreg View Post

No use in trying anything different if your not going to try and learn how to CONTROL the chine. No such thing as driving through it, you either know how to control it or you don't. If you don't, you will never go faster no matter what changes you make in your set up. Find someone to teach you, it's not that hard to master. Once you've mastered it, you will do it automatically without even thinking about it.

Like learning how to ride a bike ... first time you were concentrating really hard on balance, now you hop on without even thinking about it.

There are so many people who think there boat will only goes as fast as when it starts to walk. It sounds like someone who knows how to drive could get that boat to at least 75 if your truly starting to walk at 71 .... and 75 would be respectable for this heavy boat.
    Last edited by Huckleberry; 12-30-2019 at 06:56 AM.

13. Member
    My VX21/300 Pro XS (45 hours now) speed today at my local 1500' elevation AZ lake was as follows: Fury 3-blade 22P jumps out of the hole, hits 70.9 gps TS at 6050 rpm. Calm water, 60 degree air and water temp. 20 gals of gas and a light tourney load with just me in it at 200 lbs. 3 lithium batteries and no hydraulic jackplate and no poser poles. The Fury 23P 3-blade hit 72.8 TS but only turned 5975 rpm and a bit less of a hole shot but still totally fine. I knew from the start that these boats were not 'fast' but I went to the 300 motor expecting at least 75 mph. I guess I've got some tinkering to do now that it's finally cooled off in AZ. I typically run this boat at Lake Powell (3600') and the 22P prop only maxes at 5800 rpm with 66 TS when loaded up there. I sure miss the tuned Verado I had on a Phoenix that cared next to nothing for that elevation change, but the VX21 is pretty sweet in most every other category!
    Sam S 480-797-9032
    Last edited by sam s; 12-15-2020 at 07:19 PM.

14. Member
    Pretty much same boat, just add poser poles, add a battery, and jack plate. I am getting 70.5, fully load. Fuel full, 300 co angler, If you make a prop change please post. I am running 23p fury @ 6150. Also I have a chine issue at 69.5 it goes away at 70, does yours chine right at 69.5 also?

15. Member

VX21 Speed update

Quote Originally Posted by sam s View Post
    My VX21/300 Pro XS (45 hours now) speed today at my local 1500' elevation AZ lake was as follows: Fury 3-blade 22P jumps out of the hole, hits 70.9 gps TS at 6050 rpm. Calm water, 60 degree air and water temp. 20 gals of gas and a light tourney load with just me in it at 200 lbs. 3 lithium batteries and no hydraulic jackplate and no poser poles. The Fury 23P 3-blade hit 72.8 TS but only turned 5975 rpm and a bit less of a hole shot but still totally fine. I knew from the start that these boats were not 'fast' but I went to the 300 motor expecting at least 75 mph. I guess I've got some tinkering to do now that it's finally cooled off in AZ. I typically run this boat at Lake Powell (3600') and the 22P prop only maxes at 5800 rpm with 66 TS when loaded up there. I sure miss the tuned Verado I had on a Phoenix that cared next to nothing for that elevation change, but the VX21 is pretty sweet in most every other category!
    Sam S 480-797-9032
    After two years of driving my Vexus 1980 part of the time and accepting 52 as the top speed I decided that I wanted more out of my VX21 so I added a hydraulic jack plate and then swapped my 300 Pro XS for a 300R. I've picked up a full 5 mph and that's with less than 5 hours on the new motor! 1500' lake elevation, 35 gals of fuel but little tackle, 55 degree air and 60 degree water temp with a 23P 3-blade Fury (best of the 5 props test inc tempest and other Fury's inc 4-blade) 77.2 mph at 6300 rpm. I suspect there's another mile or two in there once I get 20 hours on the motor. The JP is set to 11 and I only get a bit of chine walk once I get to 75 but I just drive through it. Now if Vexus would just offer slam latches!! Most all of the guys at Vexus have been great to work with and are pretty good to answer a phone call or get back to me fairly promptly especially Steve C or Randy H. Thank you guys

Sam S
    Last edited by sam s; 01-14-2022 at 08:37 PM. Reason: add info

16. Member
    Thanks for the update. Next boats going to have a 300 r, If I could switch my 300xs out for 20000 grand or less. It would be tempting.

17. Member
    I tend to smile when folks talk about "how fast a boat will go." I used to own a boat known for its top end speed. Problem was, the water was seldom smooth enough to open her up and get into the upper 70's. I can't remember ever being Boat number 1 in a tournament so I was always dealing with other people's wakes and cross wakes. There were a few times I could pass someone but that gave just gave me a temporary ego boost and did not result in catching more fish. In a tournament earlier in 2021 in my VX20, my partner and I passed all the fast boats heading back to weigh in with very rough conditions. We did so comfortably. The fishability of these boats is superior and mine drafts shallower than any previous brand I've owned. My VX20/Merc 250/23 Fury will tick 70 with my large partner, live wells full, and more fuel than I need. Alone I've hit 72+ so I could run a boat that hits upper 70's and arrive at first spot and not have the stability while I'm the TM that I do with my Vexus. It by far the best riding and handling boat I've owned. So, to each his own. I'm right where I want to be, with the boat I prefer, and the people who manufacture Vexus.

18. Member
    Well said 100% agree.my vx21 with merc 250 proxs run 69.8 hit 70mph I’m big guy and carry a lot of stuff boat handles very well. I’ve fished my vx21 everywhere I fished my 521c I’ve had it in some very shallow stuff. I see very few used vx20/21 for sale seems like everyone likes them that’s has one.
    Last edited by Skeeter A; 01-16-2022 at 04:40 PM.

19. Member
    I'm wandering what kind of RPM's you're getting at those upper 60 speeds. I have a VX21 and am having troubles getting even close to rev limit. Prop? I have the fury 3 blade 23. Was
    told to go to the 22 to get my RPM's and speed up. Thoughts
    Thanks,

20. Member
    So, I had issues with my RPMs as well…. Found out that my foot pedal was set so far back that I was hitting the console!! After moving the pedal (more range of motion),I was able to hit 68 mpg, but that is according to the speedometer and not GPS. I own a VX21.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast