Ultrex 112 - Correct Plug to use?

I have a plug for my ultrex which conveniently plugs into my foot pedal cut out side wall. It was getting extremely hot and burned up. After looking at it further. It looks like my trolling motor guy trimmed down the red and black wires coming up to the front in order to get them into the back of the Marinco female end of the plug? Also the male end burned up.

I saw some things online that there was a adapter where the larger wires can plug in. And then the adapter attaches to the back of the Marinco?

Can you set me up with the female and male end for my 36 volt system?

See the two pics for my current situation.
    Attachment 377588
    Attachment 377587

I'm going fishing tomorrow so I will run over to Bass Pro to see if they have something temporary, or hook it up direct until I can find the right thing from you professionals.

Thanks!
    Last edited by fishthenation; 09-21-2019 at 04:24 PM.

I normally don't answer my own question. But I believe this is the adapter I was looking for to take the six gauge wires into the female end of the plug. You guys agree?Screenshot_20190921-165517_Chrome.jpg

I use this plug and have not seen any heat marks whatsoever after 2 1/2 years. All wires and plug have a great connection 70A rated and for use with 6ga. wire. It has a sleeve that slides over the wire before you tighten it down.

https://www.marinco.com/en/12vcps3

Attachment 377595

Shakeyhead 1 --That plug you reference seems good. 6 guage in from battery and I assume trolling motor cable 8 guage to fit on male end.

....Here is the plug set I have .....the adapter is also in this pic. I'm only leaning this way because I already have the holes drilled for this, and this is what was installed by the tech. ...any reason why it won't work?
    Screenshot_20190921-181557_Chrome.jpg

---------
    I'm a complete NOVICE. Am I ok if I connect directly the 8 guage Trolling motor wires to the 6 guage battery wire until I can get this resolved????..I'm not sure if this is an issue????
    Last edited by fishthenation; 09-21-2019 at 06:33 PM.

If i had a melt down i would go with a more solid connection with less contact points. The plug has ferrule and my Wires look new after 2 1/2 yrs. Blade style have always worked but i think this is a better plug. Read the specs and make your choice, I had to change my mounting hole since i switched from blade style due to a melt down when i had a MG. Glad i did since i have the Ultrex now and use spot lock in current alot.

https://www.marinco.com/en/~/media/i...7255-40421.pdf

https://www.marinco.com/en/~/media/i...7256-40422.pdf

Ok. Thanks for advice. Follow up question. I connected the battery 6 guage cables to my TM 8 guage cable Direct so I could fish today. I assume it is not a coincidence i am also having interference with my Lowrance at Bow? The only other thing I it's raining all day?

If I use constant on, no interference. As soon as I steer boat in any direction- interference each movement? Argh...

Not the guru with interference as i only a have little after 30' with 2 transducers running. I have no trolling motor interference with my Ultrex as i make sure i do not lay or cross any of my electronics wiring or cabling with the trolling motors wires.