Is 3-in-1 transducer recommended for jack plate mount?

Dealer installed and mounted the 3-in-1 on the transom. It has come loose twice now and the dealer has already tried to repair it once. Am looking to move it to the jack plate to provide a more solid install. Any recommendations from people who have it mounted or have had it mounted? Any issues with the boat blocking out part of the signal?

2006 Merc 200 hp Opti-1B276934
    6" Bobs Hydraulic Jackplate
    '06 Ranger 519VX
    Tempest Plus 25P Prop

Thanks,
    Brian

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ethosb View Post
    Dealer installed and mounted the 3-in-1 on the transom. It has come loose twice now and the dealer has already tried to repair it once. Am looking to move it to the jack plate to provide a more solid install. Any recommendations from people who have it mounted or have had it mounted? Any issues with the boat blocking out part of the signal?

2006 Merc 200 hp Opti-1B276934
    6" Bobs Hydraulic Jackplate
    '06 Ranger 519VX
    Tempest Plus 25P Prop

Thanks,
    Brian
    Get a Tranducer Shield Saver. It takes 2 pieces - Jack plate bracket and tranducer mount bracket. Not necessarily inexpensive but will put an end to transducer mount problems.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    Get a Tranducer Shield Saver. It takes 2 pieces - Jack plate bracket and tranducer mount bracket. Not necessarily inexpensive but will put an end to transducer mount problems.
    +1
    http://www.transducershieldandsaver.com
    ciao,
    Marc

4. Member
    I mounted mine to the bottom of my hole-shot plate with the lowrance supplied bracket and it works great.
    2018 Z520C Ranger Cup / Mercury 250 Pro XS Ser# 2B526947

5. Member
    I ordered the one from Russell Marine. I like their company and ordering 1 part was simpler than ordering 2 seperate pieces from Transducer Shield Saver. Thanks for the input.