Helix and NMEA 2000 Motor Information

I am thinking of purchasing a HELIX next spring but wanted to find out if they are NMEA 2K compatible. I have an ONIX that was suppose to be but it would not show engine hours so I bought a Lowrance that does. I would like to eliminate the Lowrance but will not do so if the HELIX won't show me what I want. I have a 2015 Yamaha cabled to the Lowrance. Would I need to purchase something more for the HELIX to show engine information? All responses very appreciated. Thank you, Jim

Yes a Helix is NMEA2K compatible with a AS ETH NMEA2K black box. BUT I don't see an Engine Hours readout on the several views for that engine/enviroment data.
    You cannot make custom views with a Helix.

This is the old manual but still mostly applies to the current models:
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...467.1562768346
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    My 2018 yamaha does show engine hours on a Helix G2N SI using the NMEA black box.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

4. Banned
    Buy the "smart gauge" for your manufacture. It's the best thing I've ever done. I've had them on the past three boats and a person doesn't need any other gauge.

A couple of years ago my warning went off and "critical overcharge" came up on the gauge. I shut it down and called for my trailer. Except for the horn the motor never showed any symptoms and ran like normal. If it hadn't been for the gaugle I would have fried the entire electrical system.