Simms rain gear ?

Is the Sims challenger jacket a good rain jacket I know it isn’t Gore-Tex but will it keep you dry in The rain?

Yes...its a great jacket. Fished 5 days straight in monsoon type rainsand stayed dry as can be. Great value. Love mine.

3. Member
    I ended up trying one of the new Gill suits, quite a bit cheaper than Simms and an excellent design. I have fished in some pretty heavy rain, run in the rain, stayed completely dry. Awesome cuffs, the new hood design is very helpful too. That being said that he Simms is pretty much what all others aspire to so can’t gonwrong there either

4. Member
    Thanks I’m at Gander and they have them on clearance for 120 bucks trying to decide whether to buy one or not I have a Gore-Tex rain suit but I do like this one if it keeps me dry

Quote Originally Posted by Big J Mac View Post
    Thanks I’m at Gander and they have them on clearance for 120 bucks trying to decide whether to buy one or not I have a Gore-Tex rain suit but I do like this one if it keeps me dry

If you can't find whatyou want look at the Simms site. Great sale prices and fast/free shipping. Free returns too.

Just an opinion...but I’ve never purchased any Simms item that wasn’t top quality.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Just an opinion...but I’ve never purchased any Simms item that wasn’t top quality.
    Same. I love my Simms gear.

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I bought the top of the line Simms this year after using cabelas guidewear for years. Love both but Simms is amazing stuff!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

9. Member
    Paid $700 for Simms raingear.Worst mistake ever.Sent it back in twice,no luck.Back to BPS 100 mph for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Yuplove Simms stuff