Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    What do you do with all that Honey ? If it's a private matter- you can message me. . .
    Honey in my coffee and honeycomb on my biscuits. Have to use honeycomb on biscuits to keep the honey from squishin out.

2. Member
    I've been using honey in my coffee for the last five years. Love it! The taste difference between raw local honey and store bought is amazing! I just started helping produce it with a friend of mine. 400 hives this year, 460 next year.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DURASPANK View Post
    I go through a quart of honey every two weeks.
    Hey, hey boo boo...

4. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Quote Originally Posted by Perchpro View Post
    I've been using honey in my coffee for the last five years. Love it! The taste difference between raw local honey and store bought is amazing! I just started helping produce it with a friend of mine. 400 hives this year, 460 next year.
    Is there a Big Difference in the Taste of your honey from location to Location ? Is there a way to tell sweet or great tasting Honey by it's color in the jar ? I have had beautiful golden Honey to real dark caramel color Honey but I have never had a side by side comparison taste test.
    Last edited by Basscaster; 09-21-2019 at 05:22 PM.

5. Member
    I stay away from it . Too much sugar. But I could see some benefits.

6. Member
    Yep, big difference in taste. Darker honey can have a Smokey flavor. We make honey near alfalfa and basswood forests. It has a noticeable minty taste.

7. Member
    Eat at least a little almost every day. Honey on my oatmeal, honey+peanut butter+banana sandwiches, etc...

I've been told that it will also coagulate blood and help stop you from bleeding but I haven't tried it.

8. Member
    We have a diabetic cat. He is sort of in remission. As we have weened down his dose over the last year he has had a few overdose incidents with his insulin. We use the honey to revive him.

I eat a quart about every 3 months. I buy from a local source that produces a very light amber honey. Honey on hot biscuits, honey and peanut butter sandwiches, etc. I also cook with it. I make fig preserves that the recipe is just well ripened figs, honey, and a little lemon juice. It just seems like a more healthy option in recipes that call for processed sugar.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Hey, hey boo boo...
    Are you sure you didn't mean winnie the pooh? LoL

11. Member
    Funny when I was younger I couldn't stand it, now I love it. Great for mixing with peanut butter for sandwiches.

12. Member
    Dad was a bee keeper and we used to take them to the mountains in the late summer/fall for sourwood honey. Pure gold.....absolutely my favorite.

13. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Orange Basser View Post
    Dad was a bee keeper and we used to take them to the mountains in the late summer/fall for sourwood honey. Pure gold.....absolutely my favorite.
    Fascinating post, I appreciate you sharing that with us... I like being educated on stuff I really enjoy by someone who has vast knowledge on the Subject. Post about Favors or if You have Bees too. Cool Hobby.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    My wife had a horse bite off the end of a finger (1/4 inch) when she was feeding it treats. We were getting ready to leave to Rocky Mt NP in a week, the Dr fixes it up and has to do a graft to cover the end. The Dr said not to remove the bandage, well after we get to the camp site, it starts hurting. She removes the bandage and it is infected and the graft looks like its on its last legs. My wife is into naturopathy and avoids Drs as much as possible, she says to find some raw honey. Now I'm thinking we have to go to a hospital somewhere, but we find some raw honey. Within 2 hours, you can see a change and 12 hrs later the flesh is pink and the infection had subsided greatly. 24 hrs later, the infection is pretty much gone and the flesh looks normal. I'm a believer in honey.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

16. Member
    Fortunate to have a son in law who is a bee keeper so since I live close by get free local honey and use a lot of it. Cook with it. sweeten everything with it and do a teaspoon of honey and a tablespoon of vinegar nightly in 4 0z warm water.

17. Member
    My wife keeps beehives and sells it at our local farmers market

We use it on everything

18. Member
    Used honey in place of sugar my whole life. My granma did my mom did and I kept o the same way. I honestly cant stand the flavor of sugar. But do love honey.

I eat Tupelo honey from the panhandle of FL everyday. I put it in greek yogurt. I'm a firm believer it helps with the immune system.

20. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    been eating raw local honey for about 5 years now..........and have been 5 years free of seasonal allergies. Great stuff. We use it in our home made peanut butter, and use it on oatmeal. I'll have to try it in the coffee
    Thanos was the hero

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast