Thread: 50 year reunion

50 year reunion

Just got home from the first night. Lot of old people there. I’m pretty sure some of them women that gave me a hug were grandmothers. — Daymn cougars. ain’t no way I backseat wrestled a few of them—- must have been their daughters. .

On a serious note. Looking through a book of our senior pictures, I think the number is 76 of our classmates aren’t with us now.6 have passed since Jan. This year.

,,l

2. Member
    I did this a few years back and was pleasantly surprised to find guys I hung with in the 50s were still interesting.
    A lot of changes in the women though, of course I was looking at them differently.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    How big was your class? I went to my 45th in Newton this June and we’d lost about 35 out of 350.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

I sent to my 50th in August. Class of 242 and we’ve lost 35. I can’t believe how old those people have gotten! I saw a girl that I hadn’t seen since HS graduation and went over to say Hi. I said “Hi Kristine!” She said “Hi! And just who are you?” (I later learned she had to give up her dental practice due to loosing her eye sight.”) I had a flashback to the scene in Animal House where Belushi says ”See if you can guess what I am now.” I almost told her, “See if you can guess who I am. The last time we saw each other, we were in the front seat of my ‘63 Chevy and I had my hand in your pants!” But, alas, I didn’t say that to her!
    Last edited by Jeff Hahn; 09-21-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I have 55th in 2 weeks.

6. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Did they have wheelchair parking too....

kinda neat seeing what has and has not transpired over the years, and the changes in people, as far as the women, a guy told me once "hey you remember her" and i just said no way, i always thought i'd pass out before i got that drunk, he said in all fairness she used to be a real looker, course she probably thought the same about me
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    How big was your class? I went to my 45th in Newton this June and we’d lost about 35 out of 350.
    Official count was 405.

Jeff, there were a couple of women during a hug or not within earshot of others that said things like “ Wow, we had fun back in the day, didn’t we” ? They weren’t talking about at school. There are a few that have not changed much, some women are still very good looking. Some——— well one really doesn’t know what has transpired in their life in the last 50 years.

My best friend and neighbor from 1st grade through school and his wife were sitting with us. A few woman that has changed drastically over the years ( that he had taken out when we were in school) would stop and tell him who they were. His wife and mine would get a laugh. It was a good thing we had a book with everyone’s picture in it to save face—- and to keep our wive’s from Thinking we dated unattractive girls in the day.

One of the Better ideas someone on the committee came up with was, laminating each person’s senior picture on a card with your name attached to a lanyard and you wore it around your neck. Shocking how many people one had to look at the picture to remember them.

Tonight is night two, a more formal night. I hope some of our classmates that live locally attend. I was dismayed at friends that live in CB or Omaha that didn’t attend. For the BBC members that will have your 50th in the future I urge you to attend. It might be the last time you see old friends. We lost 6 classmates from March to Sept. just this year.

John ( In2ratfishin). Ever fish with this guy?

Last edited by Bassman Ia.; 09-21-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Went to my 50th last year. As the man said, go. Even if you feel it's a waste of time go, waste an evening. You might be surprised how many memories will come flooding back, some good some sad. My most sad moment was realizing it's probably the last time I'll ever see some of my class mates. They were a really important part of your life even if you don't realize it!
    I got nothin

10. Member
    I had not attended any of my reunions until the 45th. a couple of years ago. I didn't recognize many of my old friends, I moved away right after high school and didn't keep up with them. I was hoping to see an old girl friend that I had all through high school, she was my first love, the kind you never forget. Sadly I found out she had passed away several years ago from cancer. That really put a damper on the whole affair. I wish I had kept in touch with some of the people I knew back then.
    Last edited by old373guy; 09-21-2019 at 07:09 PM.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

11. Banned
    Went to my 40th back in March....Had not seen some since high school.Man how people change over the years,without names some I did not know they look different.Some did not know me either.

I'm Going to my Combined reunion next month classes 1937 thru 1968 which was the last year our old school was torn down and a new one was built so we don't consider them as part of our class mates . We still have one lady from the 1937 class 101 Years old. Comes with her daughter who graduated in 1956.
    I'm President of my class of 56 reunion committee . This will be our 63rd year which we have a Reunion luncheon every year. We still have 50 attending. Funny how people change Some never moved away from the small town we grew up in ,some still married to the same guys the went with in high school. Some from last year will no longer will be there this year. A lot of good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by rjvana View Post
    I'm Going to my Combined reunion next month classes 1937 thru 1968 which was the last year our old school was torn down and a new one was built so we don't consider them as part of our class mates . We still have one lady from the 1937 class 101 Years old. Comes with her daughter who graduated in 1956.
    I'm President of my class of 56 reunion committee . This will be our 63rd year which we have a Reunion luncheon every year. We still have 50 attending. Funny how people change Some never moved away from the small town we grew up in ,some still married to the same guys the went with in high school. Some from last year will no longer will be there this year. A lot of good memories.

14. Member
    I prefer to keep them in my memory. The girls will be forever young and beautiful.

15. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    My HS class is on Face book and I still keep in touch.. Just called my best HS friend today in fact. He's a friend for life.
    He and I went into the AF together..

16. Member
    Jeff you should have remined that HS lady friend her mind is old

Quote Originally Posted by brucekgreen View Post
    Jeff you should have remined that HS lady friend her mind is old
    Everything else was pretty old, too. She was not a GMILF by any stretch of the imagination!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

18. Member
    I have been to all my class reunions including my 40th and my wife's 40th....she was a year behind me. Great time at everyone one of them