Recommendation on how to fix loose seat base?

I have a seat base that is loose and needs to be fixed, only I don't know where to start. The base is under carpet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned
    Are we looking at a bottom view?

3. Member
    Yes, this is from the front storage locker/container. I can see some screws through the wood and aluminum framing.

4. Member
    Here is a video of it in action.f

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UhFfdcJ2kGan8Ruw5

5. Banned
    Almost looks as if the ply decking is rotted.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Almost looks as if the ply decking is rotted.
    so would I need to replace the whole front deck?

7. Banned
    That view from the storage, when the post wiggles, what are those screws doing? Are they secure or pulling through?

8. Member
    Looks to me like the heads on the screws have broke off. or pulled through the base. and it's going to almost impossible to fix without cutting the carpet. the only other thing I would try would be to drill new hole's through the carpet and base and not deep enough to get into the wood. the run 4 new self tapping SS screws into it. then you would only have the head's looking up on the outside of the carpet. once through the base you might switch to a bit smaller than the screws and go all the way through. then be sure and wipe some oil or grease on the SS screws before running them in. SS does not like to get hot.
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc

9. Member
    Been there on a tv-18, ended up cutting a x in carpet to pull it back to get to screw heads. I just removed the old plate and replaced with stainless, setting it on top of cut carpet. If old base is ok can reuse but the stainless looks better. I am a big boy and my base was cracked and bolts loose. After fixing it I check the other set and the screws was loose also so I just reused old base with intentions of replacing with stainless, but it working and don't look to bad. If you set on top off carpet check tightness after first couple uses until carpet compresses. I think mine had the nuts embedded into the plywood, yours might not may have buy some s.s. hardware