Thread: Onix 3.350

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Onix 3.350

oftware Description

PLEASE NOTE:
    • Software version 3.040 or greater must be installed prior to 3.350. No damage will occur if 3.040 or greater is not installed, but the update will not be successful. 3.040 is also included in this zipped file.
    • Version 3.000 must be installed prior to any of these installations. If you are not running version 3.000, click here to install it prior to this installation.

Updated Features:
    • None

Summary of issues that have been addressed in v3.300:SONAR
    • Fixed several issues with 2D sonar digital depth tracking.

i-PILOT LINK
    • Fixed several issues with Follow-the-Contour engagement and extensionsFixed several issues with 2D sonar digital depth tracking

2. Member
    Thanks for the info! Very surprised. Sharing waypoints with Solix seems to be absent though. Glad for something anyway. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member

Just got back from checking the ONIX 3.350 software on the water.

The depth glitch looks like its been fixed.

BUT after about 1/2 hour, the unit froze and no depth reading. SI, DI, and 2D stopped scrolling.
    I put my hand on top of the unit and it was VERY HOT and would not turn off with the power button. Had to disconnect the power cord.

I let it set for about 5 minutes, put a wet white towel on top of it and turned it back on, no problem for the next hour before I got off the water.
    Air temp was 83 when I quit.

It was not a power issue as I was using a 55 AH lithium battery that was reading 13.7V when I got back. Only thing connected to the battery was the ONIX.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    HA! Glad to see the update after bobbcoy crushed my update hopes couple weeks back but after Wayne's test I'll wait....

6. Member
    Sorry to crush your hopes. HB told me that months ago. Did you get my PM or Email telling you about the update? Bob

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Sorry to crush your hopes. HB told me that months ago. Did you get my PM or Email telling you about the update? Bob
    Just teasing you Bob :)
    Yes I did, thank you!

8. Banned
    Know a guy that still runs his for DI. I've been out with him crappie fishing ang the Onix will show fish that the Solix won't. He has spent hours screwing with the Solix and finally just put the Onix back on.

Sometimes newer isn't better........

9. Member
    ^how do you explain this?

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    ^how do you explain this?
    I don't. I just know he's one heck of a crappie guy and when he talks I listen. I've also seen it with my own eyes on more than one occasion.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Just got back from checking the ONIX 3.350 software on the water.

The depth glitch looks like its been fixed.

BUT after about 1/2 hour, the unit froze and no depth reading. SI, DI, and 2D stopped scrolling.
    I put my hand on top of the unit and it was VERY HOT and would not turn off with the power button. Had to disconnect the power cord.

I let it set for about 5 minutes, put a wet white towel on top of it and turned it back on, no problem for the next hour before I got off the water.
    Air temp was 83 when I quit.

It was not a power issue as I was using a 55 AH lithium battery that was reading 13.7V when I got back. Only thing connected to the battery was the ONIX.
    Has anyone else installed the update? Any problems? Should I wait to do the install until more capable people have tried it?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jym View Post
    Has anyone else installed the update? Any problems? Should I wait to do the install until more capable people have tried it?
    I was at wits end with my Follow the Contour. I installed the update thinking that I have nothing to loose and it is now working better than before. It still has a few glitches but I can shut it down and restart it to get the glitches cleared...so far! Humminbird offered me Solix 10 for $1600.00 but with what I have read about the Solix issues I think I will buy a Helix instead!

Quote Originally Posted by JiMinneye View Post
    I was at wits end with my Follow the Contour. I installed the update thinking that I have nothing to loose and it is now working better than before. It still has a few glitches but I can shut it down and restart it to get the glitches cleared...so far! Humminbird offered me Solix 10 for $1600.00 but with what I have read about the Solix issues I think I will buy a Helix instead!
    Not sure what Solix issues you're talking about. It has bugs but nothing that bad.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

14. Member
    Has anyone else tried this?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grazingrhino View Post
    Has anyone else tried this?
    I installed yesterday and had boat on water 3-4 hours this morning. Had the 2 units on the whole time and didn't see any problems. Didn't really check it out much as we were working on a couple of issues with spotlock by our Terrova.

16. Member
    Nevermind!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Know a guy that still runs his for DI. I've been out with him crappie fishing ang the Onix will show fish that the Solix won't. He has spent hours screwing with the Solix and finally just put the Onix back on.

Sometimes newer isn't better........
    I agree, 455 kHz looks like crap on solix compared to onix.

18. Member
    Loaded this software and didn't see any difference in the depth. Still jumps all around but I was fishing a lake with max depth of 12 ft. Any suggestions

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    Loaded this software and didn't see any difference in the depth. Still jumps all around but I was fishing a lake with max depth of 12 ft. Any suggestions
    If not set already, set the surface clutter between 3-5.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

20. Member
    Wayne is your onix still freezing up since the update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast