Mercury Tempest Plus 25P Specs

My '06 Ranger 519VX 200 hp Merc Optimax came with this prop when I purchased the boat used earlier this year. The prop has polish marks on the ends of the blades and it looks like the blades may have been honed. I cannot find any specs as to blade dimensions or measurements to see if the prop has been altered too much. Is there a way to obtain these numbers. Having some issues with prop blow out when coming on plane. 6" Bob's Atlas Hydraulic plate.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. Member
    Are you using any pvs plugs?
    If you aren't using any plugs, u need to be

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nowakezone View Post
    Are you using any pvs plugs?
    If you aren't using any plugs, u need to be
    None of the plugs have been removed.

4. Member
    It's 14 5/8" inches in diameter and you wouldn't know if it was worked unless someone ground it down and reduced the diameter. It could have been repaired to clean up the edges and then buffed. You need to learn to feather the throttle as it breaks over to stop the blow out since this is normal for a tempest prop. Your looking for 3500-3800 rpm's at break over and you can enlarge or reduce the size of the PVS plug holes to get to that number. With your boat and motor the 25 tempest should b the right prop.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ethosb View Post
    My '06 Ranger 519VX 200 hp Merc Optimax came with this prop when I purchased the boat used earlier this year. The prop has polish marks on the ends of the blades and it looks like the blades may have been honed. I cannot find any specs as to blade dimensions or measurements to see if the prop has been altered too much. Is there a way to obtain these numbers. Having some issues with prop blow out when coming on plane. 6" Bob's Atlas Hydraulic plate.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Brian,
    do you have a gauge to know how far to bring the plate up? that would give you a P to P measurement, which you will need to have your prop worked by Mark Croxton.
    Are you bringing the JP up at the same time you are trimming out? that will cause too much pressure to come off the blades causing blow out.
    What PVS set up are you running? small, med, large hole or solid? that would give a better idea of how much ventilation you are adding to your prop.
    What is your WOT RPM and water pressure at proper trim?
    All of the above questions are going to help Mark Croxton make your a great prop for your boat and set up when he blueprints and balances it, which is exactly what he done for me.