Pemigewasset river

Hey guys, i have a tournament coming up on the Pemigewasset River, never been there, any tips on how to fish it, [and don't tell me fish it upstream] i know that. should i fish for largemouth or go for for smallmouth. thanks Bob Beans

2. Banned
    Just remember, The Pemi is a 6 mph river.

3. Member
    I am assuming you are launching out of Bristol? I have always wanted to fish that but have never made it down there. I will follow this to see what i can learn and maybe hit up a new spot close to home.

Nitro - Are you sure about the speed? I have seen boats on that river up on pad plenty of times.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

4. Member
    This was all i could find on speed restriction. It sounds like the whole river unless this is the 104 bridge right at the boat launch but town wise it should be a lot further north:

Pemigewasset River - Bristol/Plymouth/Holderness
    SAF-C 402.61 - (a) No person shall operate a motorboat at a speed exceeding 10 MPH on the Pemigewasset River between Ayers Island Dam in Bristol and the bridge across the river from Plymouth to Holderness.
    (b) No person shall operate a seaplane on the Pemigewasset River from the Route 104 bridge north to Sawhegenet Falls in New Hampton.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

5. Banned
    [QUOTE=FTMS;10541251]I am assuming you are launching out of Bristol? I have always wanted to fish that but have never made it down there. I will follow this to see what i can learn and maybe hit up a new spot close to home.

Nitro - Are you sure about the speed? I have seen boats on that river up on pad plenty of times.[/QUOTE

10 it is. From the Dam in Bristol all the way up North. South of the Dam, not sure. Learned the LOW speed limit when I took my boaters course, years and years ago. I used to FLY on the river until that point. Glad I didn't get caught. Used to live in New Hampton for 30 years. 10 or 6mph, tomato-tamato. Just be careful. A lot of hidden shit in there. Logs/Sandbars/Boulders. There is an old bridge that was taken down just north of the 104 bridge/launch area. With electronics you can find it. Smallies do like it. Just sayin !
    Last edited by NitroVanDam; 09-22-2019 at 04:40 PM.

6. Banned
    Well ?? How did you make out on the Pemi ?

7. Member
    could not fish it, water down 5-6 feet. went to waukewan , 12 plus took first place. 5 fish, 2.9 big fish. not like it was in years past. but no place is.