My best tournament ever (Pt 2)

As promised, here is the conclusion. This was the best day I’ve ever had on the water in my life! Sadly, I had a bit of a screw up that cost me big. Even so, I’m not even mad. I feel honored to have had a day like I did.

2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Nice hawgs. Wonder why they were struggling in livewell. Seeing that 6th fish had to suck. I saw it when you said that was number 4 and I thought it was 5th one. Congrats
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Nice video and awesome day.. dang shame on the find but glad to see you keep positive! Did your partner get his 5?
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Nice hawgs. Wonder why they were struggling in livewell. Seeing that 6th fish had to suck. I saw it when you said that was number 4 and I thought it was 5th one. Congrats
    It was a downer for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by CigarBasser View Post
    Nice video and awesome day.. dang shame on the find but glad to see you keep positive! Did your partner get his 5?
    He only had 2 but it was for lack of trying on both our parts. He is new to bass fishing so he just wasn’t able to make the cast that was needed on that sweet spot.

6. Member
    The one you caught at 3 minutes into the video was bleeding pretty bad, I could see how it struggled.

7. Member
    great googly moogly Steve what a day !!!!! 2 things, 1st thanks for being so nice to your co's , makes me feel good bout being one... 2nd what was your cranking stick? don't think I've ever seen one with so many guides

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    The one you caught at 3 minutes into the video was bleeding pretty bad, I could see how it struggled.
    Despite the amount of blood, it actually wasn’t the problem. That one had the hook go a little into the tongue. Hence the bleeding. Looked worse than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by omykee View Post
    great googly moogly Steve what a day !!!!! 2 things, 1st thanks for being so nice to your co's , makes me feel good bout being one... 2nd what was your cranking stick? don't think I've ever seen one with so many guides
    It’s a Denali Kovert cranking rod. It’s 7’ 6” which might account for the amount of guides you’re seeing. Honestly, I’ve never noticed but I also really like the rod.

10. Member
    Congrats! Wow, what a day!

11. Member
    The rod appears to have micro guides which is probably the reason for the number of guides. Great tourney and good videos!

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

12. Member
    Good video man and what a day. I have had a day or two like that cranking and its like mass chaos trying to cull. Congrats on your 4th place finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfbassin View Post
    Good video man and what a day. I have had a day or two like that cranking and its like mass chaos trying to cull. Congrats on your 4th place finish.
    Mass chaos is a good call. I just call it a train wreck.