Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

40% paycut at work and I am forced to sell

My dream boat has to go. I listed it on Facebook owners group. Can't even afford an ad now. 2013 like new Pantera IV. I have been awake since 2:30 am stressing out about this.... but there is no way. Somebody is going to be getting a great boat set up right.

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

Sorry to hear about the pay cut and selling your boat. Try Facebook Marketplace also. It’s free and reaches a lot of people. I had not used it before until about a month ago. Just sold my F450 through FB Marketplace and had lots of inquiries and had two guys who wanted the truck the day I sold it.

I've had the 40% pay cut, it sucks. Take care of yourself and your family, only so much a person can do. There are always boats for sale and once things settle down you can always get another one. Sometimes it’s good to just talk to somebody, don’t be afraid to do that. Most everyone has had ups and downs. My cell is 832-767-8890.
    Last edited by C130; 09-20-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Thanks sir!

4. Member
    I hate to hear that you have to sell. However, in the big scheme of things a boat is a luxury Item and you have to do what is necessary to take care of your family. I pray that things turn around quickly for you and you are able to keep it or buy another one just like it.

The P-IV is an awesome rig and I know you love yours. There is a strong market for that boat right now. It is a very desirable platform. It will sell quickly.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Thanks Chris.

6. Member
    Sorry to hear of your financial hardship. Hopefully things will turn around quick for you.
    Here is a buyer looking for a PIV on Bass Cats forum.
    https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...ic_read=667296
    You can also list it on that site. For free.
    I would list it on Louisiana Sportsman Classifieds.
    Also list it here.
    https://texasfishingforum.com/forums...1/boats-4-sale

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Sorry to hear of your financial hardship. Hopefully things will turn around quick for you.
    Here is a buyer looking for a PIV on Bass Cats forum.
    https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...ic_read=667296
    You can also list it on that site. For free.
    I would list it on Louisiana Sportsman Classifieds.
    Also list it here.
    https://texasfishingforum.com/forums...1/boats-4-sale

Don
    Thanks. I listed it there. https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...ic_read=678220

That guy you mentioned is now down to a 20k boat but I appreciate the heads up.

First off, very sorry to hear of the job issues. That's tough but no setback like this is permanent and you will get past it. Job market is good and there are always options.
    On the advertisement for the boat, if you're wishing to post it here on BBC, I'll gladly cover the cost of your ad. You or Al may contact me using info in my profile and I'll make that happen.
    Prayers for a quick turnaround on your situation.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    Sorry to hear about your job/pay cut situation. I do not know what company you work for, but unfortunately these days more and more companies are treating their employees like a number. Back in 2009 I worked for a privately held company with about 64 store fronts. The ownership was awesome and cared about their employees. We were paid well and had great benefits. We were bought by a larger publicly held company, they made an offer the ownership couldn't refuse. After about a year, everything changed. We were all treated like a number. Raises shrunk, bonuses here not achievable and our benefits changed for the worse. All they cared about was the corporate bottom line. What I'm saying is, unfortunately more and more companies show employees little or no loyalty/love. So if possible put your resume out there and try and find a better paying job. You only live once. I'm not trying to lecture. I wish I would of listened to my own words. I actually stayed on at the company that bought us for 8 more miserable years before I woke up one morning and said enough is enough. I wish you the best of luck and like what was said above, the job market is better tgen ever right now.
    Brad Krone

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTR21 View Post
    First off, very sorry to hear of the job issues. That's tough but no setback like this is permanent and you will get past it. Job market is good and there are always options.
    On the advertisement for the boat, if you're wishing to post it here on BBC, I'll gladly cover the cost of your ad. You or Al may contact me using info in my profile and I'll make that happen.
    Prayers for a quick turnaround on your situation.
    Thank you for the offer Chuck. Pride will keep me from accepting it. LOL. I'll get it moved.

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    Sorry to hear about your job/pay cut situation. I do not know what company you work for, but unfortunately these days more and more companies are treating their employees like a number. Back in 2009 I worked for a privately held company with about 64 store fronts. The ownership was awesome and cared about their employees. We were paid well and had great benefits. We were bought by a larger publicly held company, they made an offer the ownership couldn't refuse. After about a year, everything changed. We were all treated like a number. Raises shrunk, bonuses here not achievable and our benefits changed for the worse. All they cared about was the corporate bottom line. What I'm saying is, unfortunately more and more companies show employees little or no loyalty/love. So if possible put your resume out there and try and find a better paying job. You only live once. I'm not trying to lecture. I wish I would of listened to my own words. I actually stayed on at the company that bought us for 8 more miserable years before I woke up one morning and said enough is enough. I wish you the best of luck and like what was said above, the job market is better tgen ever right now.
    Thanks for the wisdom Brad. I am looking for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat55 View Post
    Thank you for the offer Chuck. Pride will keep me from accepting it. LOL. I'll get it moved.
    Yes sir. I’m in a different but related situation with job decisions so I fully understand.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

13. Member
    I am sorry to hear about your troubles sir and I'll be sending up some prayers for the Lord help you get through the tough times.

Sold pending Funds. Thanks everyone

15. Member
    Glad you were able to move it and get the weight on your shoulders. Prayers for you to get back up to where you were and get ya a new one before long!

16. Bobby8
    Sorry you are having to go through this Bobby

17. Member
    Hate to hear that. Hope things turn around for you soon.

18. Member
    Hope you get back where you were to get another rig.

Thanks fellas.

20. Member
    Very sorry for your situation, but glad that you were able to sell it so quickly. P4 is still a very high demand boat, especially one in really nice shape as I know yours was. I know things will eventually improve for you again, and you will be back in another Cat. I remember the one before this, and pretty sure that it was the P2 with a lot of purple in it.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast