Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Not yet. Too much crap on the deck fouls up fly lines. I can still do the deck dance or climb on the rip rap, but I’m only 60.

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    i just fun fish,, i like to troll around, fish and just relax,,,, Bill Dance does it right.....

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Depends. On time of year and style I’ll be using that day.

4. Member
    No seat up front. It lives in the front storage. Rear seat only when the wife or anyone else is with me, which is very seldom.

5. Member
    Don't feel bad Al I am a lot younger and I have been using the front pedestal seat as long as I can remember. The new boats seat is ok but Larry's Stratos pedestal seat is super comfortable, I may try order an aftermarket one that looks like his to try or one those millennium ones.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Never
    +1

Haven't fished with a seat in 40 years. Don't plan on starting anytime soon.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    225 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS (# 2B591262)
    MinnKota Ultrex trolling motor
    Lowrance HDS Carbons

I could stand all day, but why? I have bicycle/pedestal on the front. Always had front seats on my other boats and am looking for one to have if I want for the front.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

8. Member
    I always have the butt-seat / pro-pole up front. I like it for balance and I use it to take mini-breaks from standing. I've got the Basscat seat and it's a pretty good design.

9. Member
    I had a small jon boat pond jumper back in the day and used to have to sit to fish safely. It caused a horrible case of tennis elbow that took a long time to get rid of. I doubt I will ever sit and fish again.

10. Member
    Almost 61 and still using the leaning post/butt seat. If I sit down I lose focus. To me the whole point of having the front deck is to be able to move around as much as needed. After falling off 2 small ladders in a month recently I may have to reconsider in the future. Hope they spell out incidents and not some type of balance issue. My balance has always been exceptional. I painted a steeple by standing on a rope between 2 ladders years ago. I used to try to walk the railroad track all the way to work in my youth. About a 1/3 of a mile. Did it a few times.

11. Member
    i only have one in if the wind is bad just to have something around in case. Shattered pelvis a few years ago left me with a right leg that doesnt always do what it is told. If wind is down the seat is out

12. Member
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Going on 3rd year with new knees so now I can stand and fish without pain. But I got used to having a seat (Bill Dance Style) to lean on. Took it off and about fell out of the boat when I went to brace myself for a big wake! So it stays in the boat full time now.
    Heartwood Fence Co.

I too never use a front seat for 40 years, my balance is very good for a 63 year old and when I tried I lose focus.

15. bernieh
    Fished for years and never even carried a seat in the boat, suddenly at about age 65 I started having issues with balance and stamina. had to start using a pro pole mainly as security measure, never the less I am using it to lean against especially in rough water.

16. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I too only use mine to lean against it but tried the other day in a tourney to run my friends tm and he doesn't use a seat and it was a little breezy and I just couldn't balance myself and run the motor and feel comfortable up there ...lol so pro-pole for me
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

17. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    When I’m fishing alone I put a normal seat in the back and leave my leaning seat at home. My boat isn’t incredibly large so I want as much deck space as I can get for 25 rods!

When I have someone with me I ask what kind of seat they want. Hez always goes with no seat, as do I in his boat (sometimes I steal his leaning post)
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

18. Member
    68 years old, and never use the butt seat. It stays in one of the compartments though. My balance is not what it used to be, but I feel more secure standing and having two feet well planted, rather than leaning on a butt seat. This year, I just went to a wider Cat up front, and like the idea of some more room up there.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

I use a butt seat extended all the way up. Then I turn it backwards and lean against the back of it.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

20. Member
    I use my leaning post and butt seat to lean on when I want.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast