Over paying for bass boat insurance ?

Guys ,
    Anyone deal with this before ?
    Here it is I recently got my yearly policy statement and for the year the premuim is $726.00
    Now I have a 2000 ranger R93 with a 2019 Evinrude G2 200 motor.
    I thought it was high so I called my agent office got a hold of one of the sales people and they said that they would take a look at the policy.
    I have been on this policy since 1996 .
    The agent sales person calls me back and said I have good news!
    He said That He could rewrite the policy lower the deductible and premuim to $280.00 per year.
    This was good but I worrie that I have been overpaying for insurance for years!
    The sales person said well at the time the policy was writen that was the rate.
    He said sorry it slipped through for so long but the new underwriting policy was not availble until about 12months ago .
    So I realy did not over pay .
    I asked why I was never asked to review the policy he said that unless the customer inquires they dont look at it.
    I say BS they owe me money .
    Am I correct or wrong ?
    Do I have any recorse on this to get money back?

2. Member
    You are wrong. Just move on with life.

3. Member
    There’s no right or wrong here. Unless you can prove that you have been overpaying for years they’re never going to tell you that this changed 5 years ago and here’s the over payment. Lick your wounds and move on or find another agent.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    You are wrong. Just move on with life.
    Ok I here you but if you were not a agent would you feel the same?

5. Member
    Yes

6. Member
    be glad it's cheap now. that's about all you can do.

7. Member
    This is pretty common. Things change. Sometimes people are over insured sometimes underinsured. It is a good idea to look at your policies and call your insurer from time to time to ask questions.

It also seems that some companies have a habit of raising rates everyear and relying on you being too lazy to change insurers.
    2019 Phoenix 819, 200 HP Mercury Pro Xs.

8. Member
    Your wrong. They don't make enough on a boat policy to shop it every year for you. Rates change, new markets develop so you should ask them to remarket it or get quotes from other agencies. An agent generaly makes between 10% and 15% commission on a boat policy. Todays lowest price company can become tomorrows highest price company. Just the way it works.

wreck the boat and get all your money back . just kidding, I would just use this as a life lesson and keep an eye on your policies.