Solix Gen 1 freezing

I’m running a Solix 10 SI Gen 1 and it keeps freezing up the first hour. Mapping doesn’t freeze, only 2d, DI, and SI freezes. I would get to a spot and be fishing, then look and console unit freezes. I would have to shut it down and power it back up. This seems to repeat 3 times and then it goes away and doesn’t do it for the rest of the 8 hour tournament. My unit up front, is a Solix 10 chirp GPS and it doesn’t have this issue at all. Humminbird said to send it in and they will look into it but I have a few more tournaments left and said I’d send it in November. So for the time being I’m hoping this is a minor issue that others have a solution to. Anyone with any info please drop them.

Btw both units have the latest 3.4 version

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bass1980; 09-20-2019 at 09:22 AM.

2. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Keep an eye on this thread for possible things to check out - http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1007602.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by Bass1980 View Post
    I’m running a Solix 10 SI Gen 1 and it keeps freezing up the first hour. Mapping doesn’t freeze, only 2d, DI, and SI freezes. I would get to a spot and be fishing, then look and console unit freezes. I would have to shut it down and power it back up. This seems to repeat 3 times and then it goes away and doesn’t do it for the rest of the 8 hour tournament. My unit up front, is a Solix 10 chirp GPS and it doesn’t have this issue at all. Humminbird said to send it in and they will look into it but I have a few more tournaments left and said I’d send it in November. So for the time being I’m hoping this is a minor issue that others have a solution to. Anyone with any info please drop them.

Btw both units have the latest 3.4 version

Thanks.

Latest version of the software is 3.420

Might try updating to this new version
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    Mine is freezing up also on sonar every now and then. It's also on my console unit. Never does the 12 running mega di up front. I haven't updated to this latest software yet. I haven't tried to address it yet. Keep us posted.
    Matt I
    2006 Triton 20xhp 225 Merc Pro XS
    Solix 15 G1, Solix 12 G2, Helix 12 gen4 12 gen3 , Ultrex 112, Mega 360, Mega Live

5. Member
    Was the version before 3.4? Or does my unit just show 3.4 but it really is 3.420? It says latest update 06/06/19 and I recall doing it around mid June.