Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    If you read the link to the local paper...if the son isn’t FOS...Jacobs was in debt up to his azz, and there’s nothing to fight over.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    Lots of folks on here have made jokes about all the rumors. And maybe some of it was deserved in certain circumstances. But this almost surely occurred. I truly believe FLW floated info saying it was a done deal. Maybe it is and maybe not now.
    WHAT?? boid been insinuating every time he goes on his parrots show, now you are going to blame FLW

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    If you read the link to the local paper...if the son isn’t FOS...Jacobs was in debt up to his azz, and there’s nothing to fight over.
    I think the fight might be over whether or not the mothers estate was separate and not subject to any of Irwins debt.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    $110m in debt? Guess I’m not doing so bad!
    He needs the Dave Ramsey box set of CD's and Tapes.

5. Member
    I don't think its that simple. If the debts are in the companies he owned and they are not secured by the wife's private assets, the wife's non-mingled assets, (since she died first and left some to a daughter) may go to the daughter and may not go to the estate of Irwin and wife. You would think someone at that age with that much assets and debts would have a plan for death, or at least have their crap together so the children wouldn't have to deal with that situation after death.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    I don't think its that simple. If the debts are in the companies he owned and they are not secured by the wife's private assets, the wife's non-mingled assets, (since she died first and left some to a daughter) may go to the daughter and may not go to the estate of Irwin and wife. You would think someone at that age with that much assets and debts would have a plan for death, or at least have their crap together so the children wouldn't have to deal with that situation after death.
    Also would wonder about life insurance policies. Of course his would not pay but would hers as its a murder ?

7. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    Problem is they could have everything lined up properly and kids will still fight it if they don't get what they think they deserve. The manner of death probably just makes it even more convoluted.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

8. Banned
    Well let’s not forget, that she was actually murdered....might have been her choice or not, we don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    I think the fight might be over whether or not the mothers estate was separate and not subject to any of Irwins debt.
    Lawyers of course will figure out the legalities, but if the article is true as written...dude owed 110 million and the estate will barely pay it off. I guess the murder/sucide angle definitely throws a wrench in the deal.

10. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Lawyers of course will figure out the legalities, but if the article is true as written...dude owed 110 million and the estate will barely pay it off. I guess the murder/sucide angle definitely throws a wrench in the deal.
    Shoot by the time the lawyers get through he will have killed himself before he shot her. (sorry Casslaw)
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

11. Member
    I dont know anything about his businesses, but should it not have been set up, where he as the director, is not personally liable for the businesses debts? I mean no way, should the kids have to pick up his debts or the businesses debts? Just a thought. Be interesting to see how it all shakes out, but, next week I will have forgotten it lol

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Southernfried View Post
    I dont know anything about his businesses, but should it not have been set up, where he as the director, is not personally liable for the businesses debts? I mean no way, should the kids have to pick up his debts or the businesses debts? Just a thought. Be interesting to see how it all shakes out, but, next week I will have forgotten it lol
    Most creditors want personal guarantees. Kids are not responsible for debts unless they personally guaranteed them, but the estate probably is, and it has to pay up before it can be settled.

13. Banned
    Wow, now the crystal ball gazers have ventured into probate law. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    He needs the Dave Ramsey box set of CD's and Tapes.
    Little late now.........

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    The lawyers are going to have a field day with this one.

What if they had to spend their time "Pro Bono" ?

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    The lawyers are going to have a field day with this one.

What if they had to spend their time "Pro Bono" ?

What is a few bankruptcies when You are a "great businessman" ? Just keep hitting 16 when the Dealer has a 4 showing and when You run out of chips, don't get sore, buy some more (on credit) just yell "CHIPS!!" and just double Your bet until You get even, sure, the Players that were playing 'by the book' You finally broke them as well.. but You got 'even'...

And when/if this game gets broken up by a war, I don't know something like Vietnam, just have Your Dad get You a Medical Deferment or 5...

17. Member
    Scott Martin seems like he would be a guy "in the know" and he seemed pretty certain it was a done deal already. His timing isnt accurate at this point but it appears to be more of a when then if deal.

And the plot thickens...

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cullum View Post
    Scott Martin seems like he would be a guy "in the know" and he seemed pretty certain it was a done deal already. His timing isnt accurate at this point but it appears to be more of a when then if deal.
    Well i guess he isn't in the know

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    Well i guess he isn't in the know
    Sounded like he was expressing just that, xcept about others.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast